Post-Punk Supergroup Release their first single ‘Permanent Rebellion’.
Luminaries from rock’s thriving post-punk, and hardcore scenes, guitarist Frank Iero (My Chemical Romance), guitarist Travis Stever (Coheed and Cambria), vocalist Anthony Green (Circa Survive), bassist Tim Payne (Thursday), and drummer Tucker Rule(Thursday) have joined forces to create L.S. DUNES.
The brand-new band will release their debut album, Past Lives on 11 November via Fantasy Records. L.S. DUNES have unleashed the album’s first single, the blazing Permanent Rebellion.
Unshackled from the expectations and aesthetics of their already successful careers, L.S. DUNES super-charge their heavy anthems with punk energy into a sound unlike anything that has come before it. From the gripping, theatrical opener 2022, and the crunchy, frenetic earworm Like Forever, to the pummeling, expansive Permanent Rebellion, and the disarming album closer, Sleep Cult, Past Lives is an electrifying and emotional ride.
Past Lives was produced by Will Yip (Turnstile, Quicksand) and recorded at his Studio 4 Recording in Philadelphia, PA. Going deep on issues of fearlessness, dependency, nonconformity, and impermanence, writing for the album was a collaborative effort.
After the shock of the pandemic shutdown, the close friends and mutual admirers urgently realized that ‘tomorrow’ is not promised. “We never knew if we would ever get to play these songs together, in fact none of us lifelong musicians really knew if we’d ever be able to play music for a live audience ever again,” Iero recounted. “Permanent Rebellion is about taking back what is rightfully yours.” Rule added, “We wanted to do something where you can hear all our bands in it and yet, not have it sound like any one in particular. Our roots are punk rock and hardcore, and the vibe is hope for all the lost souls.”
The seeds of L.S. DUNES were planted during rehearsals for Thursday’s Christmas livestream event in 2020 which included friends and acquaintances from some of their favourite bands. The chemistry at the serendipitous, impromptu jam sessions was instantaneous. With the addition of Circa Survive vocalist Anthony Green, it was organically clear, this time, the music formed the band.
L.S. DUNES is set to make their live performance debut with two shows: at RIOTFEST in Chicago on 16 September and AFTERSHOCK FESTIVAL in Sacramento on 8th October. Original, aggressive, and intense, L.S. DUNES is the next great leap in rock’s grand evolution.
PAST LIVES TRACK LISTING:
Past Lives will be available from 11 November via Fantasy Records.
Follow L.S Dunes here:
More of the latest in punk
- The Red Bastards release self-titled album full of partying and politics
- No Trigger Debut Latest Record ‘Dr Album’
- One week left to get tickets for Loud Women Fest
- Snark Release New Single ‘Stay’
- Wonk Unit, Death By Stereo, Lightyear and more for MPF 2023
- Social Distortion and Bad Religion Announce Australia and New Zealand Co-headline Tour
- The Chats team with The Bronx for US tour
- Bruise Control sign with TNSrecords
- Album Review: The Chats ‘Get Fucked’
- The Summer Set share some ‘Hard Candy’
- Live Review: Lars Frederiksen’s one man show in Southampton
- UK pop punk outfit Shark Bait announce new single
- Girls In Synthesis announce new album, plus new single ‘Watch With Mother’
- Bayside Are In ‘The Red’ With New EP
- Scary Hours release new album ‘Symptoms of Modern Hegemony’ and resurrect the spirit of US hardcore
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!