Scottsdale pop punks tackle the struggles of living for the moment in their latest single.
Following their triumphant return, The Summer Set has completed their run on Sad Summer Fest and multiple sold-out headlining shows. Now the band has released their newest single, Hard Candy, from their upcoming album Blossom. Co-written by Nick Furlong (Avicii, 5 Seconds Of Summer, Blink-182), Hard Candy is full of the upbeat, sugar-sweet feeling that has come to be synonymous with The Summer Set.
“There was a period of my life living in LA where I was really addicted to a lifestyle full of things that felt good in the moment but were really bad for me,” shares vocalist Brian Logan Dales. “There were many late nights filled with reckless habits that would end with a drunken phone call to the same person— ultimately crawling back to their bed. This is a song about those nights, and how awful they would feel the morning after— even though time and time again I would keep coming back for more.”
The band’s upcoming album Blossom, part one of a two-part release, will be released on September 9. The album features Hard Candy alongside previously released singles Street Lightning, Back Together, and Teenagers (feat. Against The Current), and is entirely produced by The Summer Set’s own John and Stephen Gomez (Dabin, TWIN XL, Sophia Scott, Glitch Mob).
“By definition, Blossom means ‘to mature or develop in a promising or healthy way.’ So, that’s what we did,” says Dales. “We had to go our separate ways as a band for a few years so we could all bloom into the people we’ve become today. This is an album about growth and togetherness. About letting go of the past and looking forward to the future.”
Led by vocalist Brian Logan Dales, The Summer Set quickly became a phenomenon and industry favourite throughout the independent music scene since their formation in 2007. The quartet’s honest lyrics and signature brand of feel-good pop led them to an incredible string of success throughout their career that includes multiple sold-out worldwide tours, the Main Stage of the Vans Warped Tour, appearing in Macy’s “Back To School” TV/online campaigns, playing at the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas, and capping with a performance at 2013 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
Follow The Summer Set on their socials
More stories from Punktuation:
- UK pop punk outfit Shark Bait announce new single
- Bayside Are In ‘The Red’ With New EP
- Scary Hours release new album ‘Symptoms of Modern Hegemony’ and resurrect the spirit of US hardcore
- Snow Coats release Jurassic new single ‘Dinosoar’
- Rebellion Festival Day 4
- From Punk Rock to Parkrun! Day 2 and 3 Rebellion Fest
- Roger’s Rebellion Blog Day One!
- Off! Bring War to Los Angeles
- R-Fest offering free tickets to NHS key workers!
- New album from Ed Banger and the Nosebleeds brings both the punk rock noise and the attitude.
- Interview: State Champs’ Ryan Scott Graham chats new album and upcoming Down Under tour.
- The Damned announce live album release of incredible 2019 immersive London show
- Punk trio THICK release video for new single ‘Tell Myself’
- Punk Super Group Beach Rats Pedal their New Single ‘Bikes Out’ to Celebrate The Release of Their Debut Album
- Loosen up! A chat with Manchester punk rockers Loose Articles
- Steve Diggle Bares His Sonic Soul
- Big Joanie channel Nirvana and Hüsker Dü for ‘Back Home’
- Interview: Beach Rats guitarist Pete Steinkopf on making a new album with old friends and capturing the spirit of the New Jersey punk scene.
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!