100 free tickets a day are being offered to health workers for the festival-within-a-festival on Blackpool promenade.
It is almost that time of year again for one of the biggest punk dates on the calendar- the Rebellion Punk Festival in Blackpool, which boasts an incredible lineup of stars, including The Stranglers, Gary Numan and Buzzcocks to name a few. The largest punk and alternative festival in the world is even bigger and better in 2022, with the launch of new outdoor event R-FEST – the festival within a festival.
R-Fest will be located slap bang in front of the iconic Blackpool Tower on the (hopefully sunny) seaside promenade and just a stone’s throw away from the rest of the action down the road in the Winter Gardens. And to acknowledge the hard work that the NHS did throughout the pandemic and beyond, the organisers are offering one hundred tickets a day to those key workers who helped keep the country going during such difficult times.
So, if you’re an NHS key worker and fancy coming along for a day of music, food and sunshine* all you’ll need to do is visit the Winter Gardens box office on Victoria Street, Blackpool this Wednesday, 3rd August (12 pm – 9pm) and show your NHS ID card to receive a free ticket for the R-Fest day of your choosing.
You are sure to receive a warm welcome from the Rebellion family as you soak up the atmosphere and watch some of the biggest names in punk music perform over one incredible weekend!
T&Cs apply: only one ticket per NHS ID can be given for free, though you may be able to purchase additional tickets from the box office. Up to 100 tickets are available for each day of the festival – Thursday 4th to Sunday 7th August.
*Sunshine is not guaranteed, although it is pretty likely.”
Get Some Punk In Ya. Follow Rebellion
Need more of the latest in punk?
- New album from Ed Banger and the Nosebleeds brings both the punk rock noise and the attitude.
- Interview: State Champs’ Ryan Scott Graham chats new album and upcoming Down Under tour.
- The Damned announce live album release of incredible 2019 immersive London show
- Punk trio THICK release video for new single ‘Tell Myself’
- Punk Super Group Beach Rats Pedal their New Single ‘Bikes Out’ to Celebrate The Release of Their Debut Album
- Big Joanie channel Nirvana and Hüsker Dü for ‘Back Home’
- Interview: Beach Rats guitarist Pete Steinkopf on making a new album with old friends and capturing the spirit of the New Jersey punk scene.
- Yours Truly Announce Acoustic Tour
- On the day of Greg Norton’s Cancer Op, The Mahones and UltraBomb’s Finny McConnell Opens Up to Punktuation About Greg’s “battle of his life.”
- Steve Diggle Bares His Sonic Soul
I’m Molly Tie- I am the UK Editor for Punktuation and a general punk enthusiast! I play drums (badly), write a lot about punk (not as badly) and I’m particularly interested in issues relating to women in the music scene.