Sydney Emo-Punks unveil their 3-track EP, ‘Sad Souls Don’t Float Upstream’
Australian emo-kids Father Deer Hands have just released their 3-track debut EP Sad Souls Don’t Float Upstream. Produced, mixed and mastered by Clayton Segelov from The Brain Studios with additional engineering by Angie Watson, the new EP thematically tackles the process of progress. Check out the video below for the track Feel The Low accompanied by vocalist Matt Betmalik eating bananas. All of this is on top of recent news that the band will be joining Tiny Moving Parts (US) on the Sydney leg of their tour next February.
Each track on Sad Souls… explores a journey through negative situations and finding the light at the end of the tunnel. Leading singles For The First Time In Years and Sunlight Dance feature warm, fuzzy guitar chords and bass, littered with midwest emo-inspired leads and bouncy drum breaks. The vocals are delivered aggressively and heartfelt. It’s perfectly suited to anyone that has emo/post-hardcore genres scattered throughout their playlists.
Father Deer Hands announced in August that they would be joining Minnesota post-hardcore group Tiny Moving Parts on the Self Titled Tour next February alongside Eat Your Heart Out on the Sydney leg, on February 5 at Mary’s Underground. Tickets are available now via Moshtix. As well as this, the band will join Young Lions, Rumours, Future Static, Days Like These and more at Reboot Festival: A Celebration Of Aussie Music on November 18 at Factory Theatre in Sydney.
Having only released a handful of singles since their inception, Father Deer Hands has seen fast acceptance and love from their hometown crowds, triple j radio play as well as features in several music publications.
Sad Souls Don’t Float Upstream is available now, streaming everywhere.
Follow Father Deer Hands on their socials
More of the latest from Punktuation:
- The Subways Release New Single Black Wax
- Ooooooh So Magnificent! New Snuff albums planned
- SOD off!! Spear of Destiny are back with a new album
- Review: ‘Reality Cheques’ by Pulled Apart By Horses
- ‘Punks Listen’ to raise money for the Red Cross
- Choked Up Drop Sophomore Album
- Nocturnal Animals Unveil New Single ‘Passive Tone’
- Kai Cult Unleashes Merciless New Single
- Rob Moss and Skin-Tight Skin release new album
- Latin Bands Honour Green Day’s Sophomore Album 30 Years On
- Ruts DC announce highly anticipated new album
- Skate punks Cigar return to visit
- Monkey Mind release new video ‘Black Clouds’
- PARKER Return With Anthemic New Single ‘Problems’
- Floggy Molly Partner With Ukrainian Filmmakers For ‘A Song Of Liberty’ Video
- HOODOO GURU’S Dave Faulkner and Brad Shepherd: My Punk Top Ten
- Interview: Pennywise Guitarist Fletcher Dragge
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!