The Kunts are hoping to become number 1 with their anti-Jubilee song a punk take on the children’s rhyme, The Grand Old Duke of York.
This week’s battle for number one in the official music charts has become worth watch watching as The Kunts released a song about Prince Andrew.
The number one on the Queen’s jubilee weekend might not be the anticipated song by Ed Sheerin. The Kunts have released their take on children’s rhyme, The Grand Old Duke of York, in which they share their thoughts on Prince Andrew paying a financial settlement to Virginia Giuffre, who brought a civil sexual assault case against him in the United States.
The Duke of York has strongly denied all wrongdoing but stepped down from his royal duties when the case was ended in March this year.
The Kunts, thought that Andrew shouldn’t miss out on his mother’s Jubilee celebrations and have released a song which is now just outside the top 10 in the UK’s Official Trending Chart, and in the top 10 on iTunes.
The single is predicted to rise higher up the charts by the end of the week and the band are hoping it will surpass their number five hit, ‘Boris Johnson Is A Fucking Cunt’, back in 2020.
The Kunts Are:
- Kunt – vocals
- Carsehole – lead guitar
- Skidmark – bass guitar
- Fucksticks – drums
Follow The Kunts on Socials
Need some more punk in your life?
- Blussh are far from feeling blue!
- “Tourists just absolutely love it,” Sex Pistol Steve Jones says of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
- King Bull charge ahead with new single ‘Don’t Want You To Know’
- Norwegian punk bands Freedumb and Hella Rebelliön drop new singles
- Montreal’s These Fast Times Release ‘The Road To Hell Is Paved With Good Intentions’ EP.
- Buzzcocks are Back with a Brand New Album
- Young Pretorians are tuning off the idiot box
- Ukrainian Punk-Folk Quartet to play Glastonbury to raise money for Ukrainian army.
- WACO Reveal Video For New Single’ Hardships Will Happen’
- Neck Deep Are Back With New Single’ STFU’
- Interview: Simple Plan’s Chuck Comeau “I think that the whole concept was it ‘is’ harder than it looks.”
- The Flatliners roar back with ‘Performative Hours’
- The Hard-Ons Announce Western Australian Dates For August
- Punk Rock Lifers Beach Rats Share New Single
- Book Review: The Punk Rock Politics of Joe Strummer by Gregor Gall
- Celebrating 40 years of Combat Rock
- The Life of Punk and Fashion Icon Jordan To Be Celebrated.
- Steve Jones and Paul Cook attend the global premiere of new original series Pistol in London
- ‘A great joy’: punk laureate Patti Smith granted France’s highest honour.
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!