UK punk rockers return with their first new music in two years.
Neck Deep is back and better than ever with their newest track, STFU, following 2020s All Distortions Are Intentional. STFU is their first self-released music in a decade since the band’s original demos. With heavy guitar riffs and driving drum fills, the new single feels like a callback to the band’s early days whilst pushing them in a new and exciting direction.
Recorded with Andrew Wade, who last worked with the band on 2015’s, Life’s Not Out To Get You, the band describes the thumping pop-punk song as “somewhat of a return to our roots and a return to what we do best.” With singer Ben Barlow adding, “As the world was falling apart at the time, and only seems to have worsened recently, it felt right to satirise the decline of society in typical punk fashion. Looking at the world through a screen and being lured into the impending sense of doom that’s overcome us all.”
The band’s ability to find humour in challenging times came in handy when their planned video shoot for the song with director, Max Moore, hung in the balance. What should have been a three-hour flight to Louisville ended up as “three cancelled flights, eight hours in an airport, a $5000 taxi, a magical stray dog with a taste for gas station hot dogs and a twelve-hour drive,” Barlow explains. “Don’t ever say we haven’t busted our asses for this! And don’t tell me I look tired in the video!” he laughs.
Neck Deep is returning to the United States after their successful fall 2021 tour. The band will be supporting Blackbear at Red Rocks Amphitheater in Morrison, CO, on March 31 alongside State Champs and MOD SUN. Neck Deep will also be co-headlining Sad Summer Fest, starting in Sacramento, CA, on July 8. They will make stops throughout the country before ending in Milwaukee, WI, on August 6. Neck Deep is also slated to perform at When We Were Young Festival in Las Vegas, NV, on October 22, 23, and 29.
Neck Deep leapt from a side project to full-time band in 2012. Across four albums, the band struck a chord with a burgeoning audience, quickly heralded as leaders of a resurgence in hook-heavy punk, with immediate accessibility and fun attitude combined with genuine concern for issues like loneliness, depression, and anxiety. The instant relatability of the band’s songs and overall approachable attitude endeared them to a new and incredibly passionate generation, with devotion to rival the biggest titans of melodic rock.
Over the last decade, they’ve gatecrashed the charts, both at home and internationally, sold hundreds of thousands of records and concert tickets, graced magazine covers all over the world and toured with some of the biggest names in the business in the process. As the band enter their second decade as a band, you’d continue to be foolish betting against the boys from Wrexham.
STFU is out now on all streaming services.
Follow Neck Deep on socials.
More punk news…
- Punk Rock Lifers Beach Rats Share New Single
- Book Review: The Punk Rock Politics of Joe Strummer by Gregor Gall
- Celebrating 40 years of Combat Rock
- The Life of Punk and Fashion Icon Jordan To Be Celebrated.
- Steve Jones and Paul Cook attend the global premiere of new original series Pistol in London
- ‘A great joy’: punk laureate Patti Smith granted France’s highest honour.
- Pollyanna show their softer side on new acoustic track ‘Pathetic’
- Sophie Powers is Seeing ‘Red In Revenge’
- Baby Strange Drop New Track’ Poor Old Me’
- ALBUM REVIEW: State Champs – ‘Kings of the New Age’
- Alexx Bean is Anything But Fading in Latest Single
- As It Is Drop Video For I Hate Me Too
- State Champs Release New Album ‘Kings Of The New Age’
- Rip Room Debut Dead When It Started
- Dear Spring Share New Single Newspeak
- Kathleen Turner Overdrive find high gear to reveal new single ‘Unseen’
- Grizzlyshark Release Driving New Single
- Cliffdiver jump into action releasing new album Exercise Your Demons
- Simple Plan Release Highly Anticipated New Album
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!