To celebrate, the New York pop punks release their latest single, ‘Act Like That ‘.
Albany, N.Y. powerhouse State Champs, are planting their flag firmly in pop-punk history with their brand new fourth studio album, Kings Of The New Age. The album includes previously released singles Eventually, Everybody But You (ft. Ben Barlow), Outta My Head, and Just Sound. All alongside seven never-before-heard tracks featuring additional guest vocalists Chrissy Costanza, Mitchell Tenpenny, and Four Year Strong.
On the highly anticipated release, the band have spoken out. “Kings of The New Age is our fourth album, the one that we spent the most time on and the one that makes the biggest statement. After writing over 30 songs, we narrowed it down to 11 that best represent our mission as a band and, sonically, match the energy level we wanted to captivate heading into this new chapter.”
They continue: “Lyrically, KOTNA is a reflection on the past few years during a very weird time. However, it is also a reminder that we’re only here for so long. Although we will always live and learn by trial and error in areas like friendships, family, careers, relationships, etc., there’s no time for toxicity and negativity when a certain opportunity presents itself. Never waste a moment that can be seized. Times are changing, culture is evolving, and we’re happy to provide the soundtrack and let you know that we’re ‘Here To Stay’. Welcome to The New Age.“
Alongside the album, State Champs have unveiled a brand-new music video for Act Like That featuring Mitchell Tenpenny. Complete with backyard sports, motocross stunts, and a little bit of friendly competition, the new music video encompasses the fun, lighthearted feel of the track itself.
“Act Like That is the most ‘out of the box’ song for us on the album,” shares vocalist Derek DiScanio. “We had a lot of fun experimenting with some poppier elements, but it was challenging at first to bring the right level of SC energy to level it out. We hit a moment in the studio when we definitely found that balance, and we’re very excited to share this dance-y, rockin’, lyrically dynamic love song that makes you wanna jump around.”
“For sure, one of the craziest videos I’ve ever been a part of!!
“I grew up playing and loving this style of music,” adds Mitchell Tenpenny. “I’ve been a fan of State Champs for a minute now, so it was a no brainer when I heard the song! I love rock music so much!”
Listen to Kings Of The New Age now on all streaming services.
Follow State Champs on socials
Check out more of the latest from Punktuation
- Rip Room Debut Dead When It Started
- Dear Spring Share New Single Newspeak
- Kathleen Turner Overdrive find high gear to reveal new single ‘Unseen’
- Grizzlyshark Release Driving New Single
- Cliffdiver jump into action releasing new album Exercise Your Demons
- Simple Plan Release Highly Anticipated New Album
- Silverstein Release New Single Feat. Nothing, Nowhere
- NO NO NO NO NO Return With Tongue-In-Cheek Pop-core Single
- The Offspring Unveil Video For Behind Your Walls
- Among Legends Come Up Swinging with New Single
- Oh, Spotify! Up Yours!
- German Punk Legends Die Toten Hosen Drop New Single.
- Chris Nine’s catchy new single is the stuff dreams are made of
- Pop-Punks Waxflower Experience Misaligned Love
- Boston Manor releases new single ‘Foxglove’ along with music video
- Bad Breeding’s New Single ‘Prescription’ is just what the doctor ordered
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!