After nearly a decade, the Southern Californian band return with a vengeance.
Los Angeles, CA – It’s been over a decade since the southern California alt-punk pillars Unwritten Law have released a studio album of new, original material. A lot has changed since then, both globally and within the band itself, but one thing that hasn’t changed is the fiery spirit of founding members, vocalist/guitarist Scott Russo and drummer Wade Youman. Together these two bring the UL flame into a new decade with the help of now almost decade-long band members Jonny Grill (bass), Chris Lewis (guitar/vocals) and Scott McLaughlin (guitar/vocals).
With massive guitars and monster, hook-filled choruses, ‘The Hum‘ epitomizes everything that made Unwritten Law a household name among the ‘90s punk rock explosion and a mainstay on the venerated Warped Tour.
Time has not only matured the band’s distinctive sound but has also sharpened the group’s songwriting. Just witness the album’s first single, released today on all digital platforms along with a mesmerizing new video, ‘Ghosted,‘ a track whose twist and turns are as numerous and unexpected as they are thrilling.
The Hum is set for release July 29 on all formats including CD and vinyl. Both physical formats include stunning artwork from Mike McKenney (@the_real-theory) and a hand-illustrated lyric sheet created by Youman himself.
In addition, the CD version includes three bonus tracks, newly recorded studio versions of Unwritten Law’s biggest songs done during the making of the record, performed by the current incarnation of the band.
The Hum tracklist
Follow Unwritten Law on their socials
Read more of the latest in punk
- Ultrabomb Delay Live Debut after Greg Norton Cancer Diagnosis
- LA benefit gig to support Go Betty Go guitarist
- Live recording and companion book on DC area punk legends Artificial Peace released
- Charlotte & The Harlots Release Debut Album
- PARKER Reveal Debut Single ‘Never Miss’
- Billie Joe Armstrong Renounces His Citizenship In Protest.
- State Champs Announce Australian Tour
- Eli Hurts Reaches Out to Members Of The Word with New Single
- Talk Heavy Arrive With Roaring Debut Single
- ALBUM REVIEW: Petrol Girls New LP ‘Baby’
- Book Review: The Punk Rock Politics of Joe Strummer by Gregor Gall
- Some consider punk to be the greatest era in music. For Sex Pistol, Steve Jones, however, another, rather glittery time, was his favourite.
- Sleeping With Sirens Announce New Album and Drop New Single
- Punk In The Park Announces 2022 Lineup Featuring Dead Kennedys, Bad Religion, Dropkick Murphys, The Murder City Devils, 7Seconds and More
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!