Joining in on a long list of artists, the Green Day frontman has reacted to the latest move by U.S. courts.
Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong has expressed his dismay at the decision made by the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade. “Fuck America, I’m fucking renouncing my citizenship,” Armstrong shouted his disgust during a concert at London Stadium on Friday.
The rock star expressed his disgust at the majority-conservative court ruling that abortion rights are no longer protected in the United States.
“There’s too much fucking stupid in the world to go back to that miserable fucking excuse for a country,” Billie Joe declared. “Oh, I’m not kidding. You’re going to get a lot of me in the coming days.”
#GreenDay #RoeVWade #hellamegatour— oz🍂🏳️🌈🏳️⚧️|FUCK GCSES!! (@armstr0ngtyler) June 25, 2022
billie joe’s statement on roe vs wade at london hella mega tour last night pic.twitter.com/6cJx4oa6I1
Armstrong isn’t the first artist to speak out about the controversial decision. Rage Against The Machine, Jack White, Cyndi Lauper, Olivia Rodrigo, Halsey, plus many more have been vocal on the issue. American country singer Kasey Musgraves also expressed her dismay. She recently declared in front of a Glastonbury crowd: “Honestly I’m thinking about never going back to America.” She confirmed later through her set – “I meant what I said, it’s a scary time to be an American right now.”
Green Day are currently on tour in the UK for their rescheduled Hella Mega Tour with Fall Out Boy and Weezer.
Keep Up With Green Day (if you can)…
Need more of the latest in punk?
- State Champs Announce Australian Tour
- Eli Hurts Reaches Out to Members Of The Word with New Single
- Talk Heavy Arrive With Roaring Debut Single
- ALBUM REVIEW: Petrol Girls New LP ‘Baby’
- Sleeping With Sirens Announce New Album and Drop New Single
- Punk In The Park Announces 2022 Lineup Featuring Dead Kennedys, Bad Religion, Dropkick Murphys, The Murder City Devils, 7Seconds and More
- Baby Strange Release New Video feat. The Jezabel’s Hayley Mary
- Long-Running Chicago Punks Counterpunch Release Long-Awaited New Album ‘Rewire’
- Rebellion Festival Announce stages and times for Rebellion and R-Fest!
- Chrissie Hynde Says She Won’t Play Pretenders Hits Anymore.
- Punky reggae pioneer Don Letts to release first solo album
- Keep Flying Shares New Reimagined Single
Everyone should have a soundtrack playing loudly in the background of their life. I was born moshing to my own beat and have never swayed from my love of music. Spreading my passion through the written word is my soul’s purpose. My punk heart beats loudly with the rhythm of my rock soul. I plan to continue to mosh like no one gives a shit.
Click on Tracey’s photo for more of her articles!