Chicago’s melodic punk rock darlings Counterpunch return with ‘Rewire’, their long-awaited follow-up LP to 2014’s acclaimed ‘Bruises’.
Delivering a patented blend of potent harmonies and showcasing exactly what they do best, ‘Rewire’ ushers in a new era for the punk rock stalwarts. Counterpunch is a four-piece powerhouse that has been bringing their own catchy brand of melodic punk rock since 2004.
Following the release of their self-titled debut in 2004 under their own imprint Punch-It Records (alternatively titled ‘An Idiot’s Guide to Being an Asshole’ under Radtone Records in Japan), the band began their journey into both the US and international markets.
Touring both domestically and abroad brought them opportunities to play alongside Rise Against, Strung Out, and Pennywise amongst other stalwarts in the genre.
2011 saw the band release their second LP, titled ‘Dying to Exonerate the World’ (alternatively titled ‘Heroes and Ghosts’ under several international labels) with Go-Kart Records. Multiple European tours and festival stops later, the band was ready to step into the studio with Matt Allison to record 2014’s ‘Bruises’. Released in 2014 by Cyber Tracks Records, this release saw the band’s most extensive touring regimen to date.
Hitting the road alongside the likes of Face to Face, Strung Out, NOFX, The Living End, Good Riddance and more brought them in front of their largest audiences to date.
In 2019, the band stepped into Black in Bluhm studios in Denver to record their fourth LP just before COVID shut down the world. In light of facing a new normal, the band hit the pause button on releasing their latest full-length effort, deciding instead to put out a 7″ record with a few of the B Side tracks from the Black in Bluhm sessions titled “Handbook for the Recently Debriefed”.
Teaming up with Thousand Island Records and SBAM Records to bring the world a snapshot of the new era of Counterpunch. ‘Rewire’ was produced by Chris Fogal and the band. Counterpunch will perform at the Punk Rock Saves Lives Festival in Denver in July and Music 4 Cancer in September. See the flyer below
Rewire is available now via Thousand Islands Records and SBAM.
Need more punk in your life?
For more punk news, check out these stories
- Rebellion Festival Announce stages and times for Rebellion and R-Fest!
- Chrissie Hynde Says She Won’t Play Pretenders Hits Anymore.
- Punky reggae pioneer Don Letts to release first solo album
- Keep Flying Shares New Reimagined Single
- Between Bodies Announce Debut Album
- German punks Die Toten Hosen wish Jürgen Klopp a happy birthday with Liverpool inspired cover
- EXCLUSIVE PREMIERE: Philly Punks Stud Count Share Their New Single and Video With Punktuation Readers.
- SSD to re-release ‘Kids Will Have Their Say.’
- Good Things Festival 2022 is Back with a Huge Line-up
- Petrol Girls release new single Preachers
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!