Australia’s newest genre bending heavy hitters release debut track Hoping The Middle.
Arriving in full force with their first release as a revitalised project, Brisbane punk rock outfit Talk Heavy have unleashed their fast-paced and ferocious debut single Hoping The Middle.
Re-energised and raring to go, Talk Heavy are a dynamic four-piece outfit comprising of former members from punk trio WALKEN, and the fitting addition of bass guitarist Tayla Ellerby.
Now, Talk Heavy are making an entrance with their hard-hitting debut Hoping The Middle, which sees the band embracing their alt-rock influences, fusing melodic post-hardcore guitar layers with math-rock quirk and modern emo-punk prowess to deliver that much-needed dose of internal angst.
Hoping The Middle is one of the more angsty songs of ours,” explains frontman Matt. “The song is talking about detaching from reality and feeling almost emotionless in defeat – you’re not holding either the positive or negative too close to you, and you hope the middle ground of life is safe enough, but you’re still dreaming something better is coming along soon.”
Blending ferocity and melancholy, Talk Heavy are Meanjin’s/Brisbane’s next big heart-on-sleeve export with a high energy and emotionally charged combination of alternative rock, pop-punk, indie and emo.
Hoping The Middle is out now on streaming services.
For more punk news check these out…
- ALBUM REVIEW: Petrol Girls New LP ‘Baby’
- Sleeping With Sirens Announce New Album and Drop New Single
- Punk In The Park Announces 2022 Lineup Featuring Dead Kennedys, Bad Religion, Dropkick Murphys, The Murder City Devils, 7Seconds and More
- Baby Strange Release New Video feat. The Jezabel’s Hayley Mary
- Long-Running Chicago Punks Counterpunch Release Long-Awaited New Album ‘Rewire’
- Rebellion Festival Announce stages and times for Rebellion and R-Fest!
- Chrissie Hynde Says She Won’t Play Pretenders Hits Anymore.
- Punky reggae pioneer Don Letts to release first solo album
- Keep Flying Shares New Reimagined Single
- Between Bodies Announce Debut Album
- German punks Die Toten Hosen wish Jürgen Klopp a happy birthday with Liverpool inspired cover
- EXCLUSIVE PREMIERE: Philly Punks Stud Count Share Their New Single and Video With Punktuation Readers.
- SSD to re-release ‘Kids Will Have Their Say.’
- Good Things Festival 2022 is Back with a Huge Line-up
- Petrol Girls release new single Preachers
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!