Emo/rock icons celebrate landmark album with tour dates and special merch for fans.
The Used are celebrating twenty years of their debut self-titled album. Featuring classics like A Box Full Of Sharp Objects, The Taste Of Ink, and Blue And Yellow, The Used has undeniably become a landmark album for the genre, inspiring many bands to follow. The band invites fans to celebrate this milestone anniversary with exclusive merchandise available at shop.theused.net, including collector sets, a new vinyl pressing, apparel, and more.
The album peaked at number 1, and number 63 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums chart Billboard 200, respectively, and has since been certified Silver in the United Kingdom, Gold in Canada and Australia, and Platinum in the United States. The Taste of Ink charted at number 19, Buried Myself Alive at number 13, and Blue and Yellow at number 23 on the Alternative Songs chart.
Singer Bert McCracken shares, “I’m proud of where we’ve come from. In my mind, ’emo’ has become a more honoured term. What band is devoid of emotion? No band that I like. Tagging a band as ’emotional’ isn’t really such a bum out because I’ve always been quite an emotional guy. If you were to have asked me, like 5-6 years ago, I’d have said we’re a rock band or a punk band, but in the past couple of years, seeing the resurgence of this kind of punk rock/early 2000s music, I think it’s cool to be part of a huge genre that was pretty banging.”
After the album’s release, The Used embarked on many tours with bands like My Chemical Romance, Coheed and Cambria, Thrice, Taking Back Sunday, Box Car Racer, and many others. The Used released Maybe Memories, a CD/DVD featuring live versions, demos, and exclusive tracks from the self-titled album the following year.
The Used came to life in 2000. The band have since released a collection of albums that pioneered the scene of emo rock. High-energy live shows, gut-wrenching, relatable lyrics, and melodies that blended pop sensibility and hard rock were the perfect combinations to make an everlasting impression on fans globally.
The Used released their ninth studio album, Heartwork (Deluxe), in 2021 via Big Noise. The extended album features 11 never-before-heard tracks written during the original Heartwork (2020) sessions. A variety of collaborators, including producer John Feldmann, co-writer Mark Hoppus (Blink-182), guest artists Travis Barker, Jason Aalon Butler (Fever 333), Caleb Shomo (Beartooth), and more helped deliver this, now 27-track album.
The album simultaneously showcases what made The Used emerge as one of the most prolific bands of the early 2000s and what has kept them at the forefront of the genre ever since. The band locked in #4 spots on both the Top Alternative and Top Hard Rock Album charts, #11 on Top Rock Album charts as well as landed in the Billboard Top 200 at the #87 spot.
For more details on how to purchase tickets, please visit https://theused.net/ .
The Used 20th Anniversary Vinyl is out now. Order yours HERE.
Follow The Used on socials for updates…
For more punk news check these out…
- Eli Hurts Reaches Out to Members Of The Word with New Single
- Talk Heavy Arrive With Roaring Debut Single
- ALBUM REVIEW: Petrol Girls New LP ‘Baby’
- Sleeping With Sirens Announce New Album and Drop New Single
- Punk In The Park Announces 2022 Lineup Featuring Dead Kennedys, Bad Religion, Dropkick Murphys, The Murder City Devils, 7Seconds and More
- Baby Strange Release New Video feat. The Jezabel’s Hayley Mary
- Long-Running Chicago Punks Counterpunch Release Long-Awaited New Album ‘Rewire’
- Rebellion Festival Announce stages and times for Rebellion and R-Fest!
- Chrissie Hynde Says She Won’t Play Pretenders Hits Anymore.
- Punky reggae pioneer Don Letts to release first solo album
- Keep Flying Shares New Reimagined Single
- Between Bodies Announce Debut Album
- German punks Die Toten Hosen wish Jürgen Klopp a happy birthday with Liverpool inspired cover
- EXCLUSIVE PREMIERE: Philly Punks Stud Count Share Their New Single and Video With Punktuation Readers.
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!