St Louis punks drop new single ahead of their upcoming sixth studio album.
Story Of The Year have shared their newest single Take The Ride, out now via SharpTone Records. The band brings their trademark energy to the new song, complete with an undeniably catchy danceable rhythm and vocals, to leave both diehard fans and new listeners hitting repeat.
“In the end, Take the Ride is a song about surrendering to what life dealt you and embracing the chaos instead of fighting it,” shares guitarist Ryan Phillips “The song captures the spirit of finding freedom through a reckless adventure, even if it’s internal.”
Story Of The Year recently announced their upcoming 6th studio album Tear Me To Pieces, out March 10, 2023 via SharpTone Records. The new album is distinctly, invitingly, loudly Story Of The Year. Heartache, desperation, motivation, toxic relationships, pain, loss, anger – all of the essential ingredients of the classic Story Of The Year sound propel Tear Me to Pieces in dazzling new ways. The new album features previously released singles Real Life and Tear Me To Pieces.
“I think this album will be a defining moment in our career,” says Phillips. “When our fans hear it, they’ll be like, ‘Oh, shit, these dudes are ready to go!’ This is the sound of a band putting everything into it. If a new band came out with this album, I’d be texting everyone in my band about it.”
Story Of The Year’s debut album, Page Avenue, was one of the first of its kind to sell a million copies. Until the Day I Die endures as both an anthem and a mission statement. Tours with Linkin Park, My Chemical Romance, Deftones, and The Used cemented Story Of The Year’s reputation as a stunning and engaging live act. The connection between the band and the audience transformed Story Of The Year from teenagers working in a St. Louis pizza chain franchise into hard rock headliners.
Upcoming Tour Dates are Sunday, Dec 4 at Audacy Beach Festival 2022 and Fort Lauderdale, FL*
Wed, Dec 14 at Marquee Theatre, Tempe, AZ. (*Festival Appearance)
Australian fans can catch Story Of The Year live in action next year as part of the inaugural Knotfest Australia in March 2023, with the band set to perform alongside Slipknot, Parkway Drive, Megadeth, Trivium, Northlane and many more.
You can listen to latest single Take The Ride now on all streaming services.
Follow Story Of The Year for more…
More of the latest from Punktuation:
- Australia’s Good Things Festival Adds New Artists and Releases Set Times
- Hiss and Shake Records releases Lora Logic boxset
- Wingmen UK tour dates announced for January 2023
- Smile and wave at the new single from Shark Bait!
- Review: Meryl Streek releases debut album ‘796’
- Squeeze release new track in aid of independent food banks
- Dead Kennedys drummer D.H. Peligro dies in bathroom accident
- Bar Stool Preachers announce new album and tour
- Doki Doki release new single and video ‘I Can’t Fight This Crazy Anymore’
- Exhibit A punk compilation to benefit Southern Poverty Law Center
- Aussie rockers The Stripp accelerate ahead on new single ‘Redline’
- Swedish Skate Punks No Fun At All Release New LP ‘Seventh Wave’
- Book Launch: ‘Punks Listen’, OCCII, Amsterdam
- New punk supergroup Wingmen to make their debut
- Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes Joins Forces with Golden Robot Records
- Review: Girls In Synthesis release intense new album
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!