Harlow punk legends tackle one of the big issues of modern times with their new track
If you’ve been sweating yourself into oblivion over the last few weeks, then the current climate crisis may have passed through your mind once or twice. Well, you’re not alone as Newtown Neurotics release the video for their new track ‘Climate Emergency‘ which sees our current climate woes get the punk treatment.
The track is taken from their forthcoming album ‘Cognitive Dissidents‘ which is due for release in October through Cadiz Music. And the urgent need to address the ever-approaching climate collapse is portrayed in this powerful and thought provoking song which urges cooperation to avert potential catastrophe.
The band- comprised of Steve Drewett (guitar and vocals) , Adam Smith (bass) and Simon Lomond (drums)- have been purveying their own brand of authentic, riff-driven punk since their formation in the late seventies. And five albums later, the band are no strangers to tackling political issues, demonstrated on tracks such as ‘When the Oil Runs Out’ and ‘Mindless Violence‘ to name a few.
Written and recorded during the unprecedented disruption of Covid, and being released during a time when political and social disintegration is everywhere we look, ‘Cognitive Dissidents‘ feels timely and vital for the times we live in. This is punk doing what punk does best- reflecting the world back to us using the power of music to spread messages and build bridges.
You can find Newtown Neurotics live at Rebellion in Blackpool in August.
Pre-order ‘Cognitive Dissidents’ here.
Follow Newtown Neurotics On Socials
Need more of the latest in punk?
- Yours Truly Announce Acoustic Tour
- On the day of Greg Norton’s Cancer Op, The Mahones and UltraBomb’s Finny McConnell Opens Up to Punktuation About Greg’s “battle of his life.”
- Steve Diggle Bares His Sonic Soul
- The Chats Release New Single ‘I’ve Been Drunk In Every Pub In Brisbane’
- Less Than Jake Sing Out ‘Fat Mike’s On Drugs (Again)’
- FALSE HEADS release new single ‘Thick Skin’ ahead of second studio album ‘Sick Moon’
- Breakup Haircut- Punk Dancing For Self Defence review
- Interview: Millencolin Guitarist, Erik Ohlsson, Happy To Be Back On The Road!
- Yours Truly Shares New Single’ Careless Kind’
- French punk pioneer Pamela Popo, Gone, But Not Forgotten
- Keep Flying Announce Revival EP
- New ska punk EP from For the Record
- Meryl Streek Sign To Venn Records and Drop a Double A Side to Celebrate.
- OFF! working on new album and feature film
- “With Sid, I found my war.” Punk photographer Dennis Morris’ Sex Pistols exhibition highlights the ‘violence of punk’.
I’m Molly Tie- I am the UK Editor for Punktuation and a general punk enthusiast! I play drums (badly), write a lot about punk (not as badly) and I’m particularly interested in issues relating to women in the music scene.