Aussie punk trio The Chats release the latest track from their forthcoming second album, GET FUCKED set for release worldwide on 19th August.
Clocking in at just 89 seconds, the rip-roaring, I’ve Been Drunk In Every Pub In Brisbane is an entirely unironic celebration of frontman Eamon Sandwith’s first year or two in his new home city.
The band and their housemate, Rick, who is also in a band with Eamon and Josh called Rick and the Sickos shot a DIY video under the influence.
“Brisbane is quite a bit hotter than the rest of the country,” says Eamon, “so it’s one of those places where it’s more acceptable to start drinking earlier. I reckon there would be 900 or so pubs that you would have to hit, and I have actually been to a good chunk of them, but if you were to go to all of them, it would be hard even to remember which ones you’d been to, and which ones you hadn’t, especially if you’d got fucking pissed.”
The Chats will get a chance to sink more cold beer across Australian and New Zealand cities this November/December. The band have announced that they will be joining Guns N’ Roses as main support on eight stadium shows. Check all dates below. Yep, you read that correctly…
Guns N Roses AU/ZN Tour w/ The Chats
Undeterred and stocked to overflowing with frustration and fury, The Chats are about to strike back with their second long-player, GET FUCKED. The album is an incendiary, hyper-adrenalized blitz from punk heaven, showcasing an electrifying all-killer-no-filler 13 tracks which perfectly capture the band’s explosive energy. GET FUCKED is, quite simply, another laugh-out-loud, pogo-through-the-floorboards stroke of motherfucking genius.
With two full albums’ worth of all-new road-ready hyper-melodic punk-rock-‘n’-roll bangers up their sleeve, the band are set to tour across the globe this year and whip up all the pogo-party euphoria necessary to kill off COVID-19 for keeps. After all the incarceration and boredom, The Chats are in peak match fitness to deliver the excitement we all crave for the months ahead.
I’ve Been Drunk In Every Pub In Brisbane is streaming now.
GET FUCKED is out on 19th August via Bargain Bin Records.
Follow The Chats on their socials
Need some more punk in ya life?
- Interview: Millencolin Guitarist Erik Ohlsson, Happy To Be Back On The Road!
- Bayside Covers ‘Rainbow’ in Honour of Pride Month
- Oakrest Release their Debut in the ‘Summer Sun’
- Killed by Cupid’s Debut Release, ‘Magic’
- Yours Truly Shares New Single’ Careless Kind’
- French punk pioneer Pamela Popo, Gone, But Not Forgotten
- New ska punk EP from For the Record
- OFF! working on new album and feature film
- “With Sid, I found my war.” Punk photographer Dennis Morris’ Sex Pistols exhibition highlights the ‘violence of punk’.
- SO Cal Punks Unwritten Law announce new album and drop their latest single ‘Ghosted’
- Live recording and companion book on DC area punk legends Artificial Peace released
- LA benefit gig to support Go Betty Go guitarist
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!