New York punks release Kacey Musgraves cover in support of Pride Month.
In honour of Pride Month, renowned punk act Bayside has today shared their softer side with a sweetly moving take on Kacey Musgraves’ Rainbow.” Fans can listen to the new cover, out now via Hopeless Records. With the new release, the band will be donating all proceeds from streaming and downloads to The Trevor Project, the premier organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to LGBTQ+ teens and young adults.
The band spoke out recently. “As Pride Month comes to a close we want everyone in the LGBTQ+ community to know that you have our love and support. Not only this month but every month. To celebrate and show our support, we recently recorded one of our favourite songs, Rainbow by Kacey Musgraves. We are donating all royalties from downloads and streaming to The Trevor Project. which assists in suicide prevention and crisis intervention for the community. Everyone deserves to be safe, loved, and seen for the person that they are.”
Earlier this year Bayside released Strangest Faces,” marking the band’s first new music since 2019’s Interrobang‽. The album secured the 5th spot on the Record Label Independent chart, as well as 6th on Current Rock, 9th LP Vinyl, 10th Current Digital, and 14th Current Albums. It also broke into the Billboard Top 200.
Last year Bayside celebrated more than two decades with the ’21 Years of Really Bad Luck’ anniversary tour. For the past 21 years, Queens-based Bayside has represented a lifestyle, a counterculture, and a deeply held conviction, diverse in thought and background but united by a shared desire for authentic expression. Bayside has constantly proved that music is not about gimmicks and ephemeral trends, but a timeless reflection of our lives and our times.
It is through this timelessness and consistency that they continue to cultivate a cult-following that lives and breathes everything the band creates. Bayside has always focused on creating songs that are relevant to people who want substance, rather than being relegated to one genre. And while many bands would coast on their past success, Bayside rejects the premise and proves time and again that the best is yet to come.
Rainbow is streaming now.
Follow Bayside on socials for more…
Need more of the latest in punk?
- Live recording and companion book on DC area punk legends Artificial Peace released
- PARKER Reveal Debut Single ‘Never Miss’
- Billie Joe Armstrong Renounces His Citizenship In Protest.
- State Champs Announce Australian Tour
- Eli Hurts Reaches Out to Members Of The Word with New Single
- Talk Heavy Arrive With Roaring Debut Single
- ALBUM REVIEW: Petrol Girls New LP ‘Baby’
- Sleeping With Sirens Announce New Album and Drop New Single
- Punk In The Park Announces 2022 Lineup Featuring Dead Kennedys, Bad Religion, Dropkick Murphys, The Murder City Devils, 7Seconds and More
- Baby Strange Release New Video feat. The Jezabel’s Hayley Mary
- Long-Running Chicago Punks Counterpunch Release Long-Awaited New Album ‘Rewire’
- Rebellion Festival Announce stages and times for Rebellion and R-Fest!
- Chrissie Hynde Says She Won’t Play Pretenders Hits Anymore.
- Punky reggae pioneer Don Letts to release first solo album
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!