After a disaster-filled two years the San Diego ska-punk warriors, Buck-O-Nine, announce the soon to be released ‘live’ album ‘572 Days Later – Live At Earthling‘.
No professional touring band has had it easy the last couple of years, but San Diego ska-punk icons Buck-O-Nine have had one seriously bumpy ride since their 2019 album ‘FunDayMental‘.
For starters, the worldwide COVID pandemic struck the following year, cancelling the band’s plans to tour in support of the new album. Most recently, much-beloved singer Jon Pebsworth suffered a significant cardiac arrest, which led to him being hospitalised and again delaying a planned tour.
But before Pebsworth’s brush with disaster, and as the COVID pandemic began to subside, the band struck upon an idea for how to scratch their proverbial performance itch, and that was to reunite at their home studio in San Diego, Earthling and record a live set.
After not performing together for 572 days, the band leapt at the chance, and the result is 572 Days Later – Live At Earthling, an energetic and joyous live album. The band sounds better than ever and is clearly relishing being able to play together for the first time in nearly two years, kicking out fantastic versions of such fan favourites as ‘Round Kid,’ ‘Jennifer’s Cold’ and ‘Nineteen’ plus cuts from FunDayMental.
The band had this to say about the recording of the new album, “It’s been a weird and unpredictable couple of years. We’re lucky to have each other to lean on and help each other through all the chaos. It hasn’t been easy but we managed to get into the studio and record together. It was super fun! We basically played our live set and got to hang out all in one place for two days!”
Watch for the entirety of 572 Days Later – Live At Earthling to be available on all formats including CD, vinyl and digital starting June 24!
2022 Tour Dates
Follow Buck-O-Nine On Their Socials
Need some more punk in your life?
- Blussh are far from feeling blue!
- “Tourists just absolutely love it,” Sex Pistol Steve Jones says of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
- King Bull charge ahead with new single ‘Don’t Want You To Know’
- Norwegian punk bands Freedumb and Hella Rebelliön drop new singles
- Montreal’s These Fast Times Release ‘The Road To Hell Is Paved With Good Intentions’ EP.
- Buzzcocks are Back with a Brand New Album
- Young Pretorians are tuning off the idiot box
- Ukrainian Punk-Folk Quartet to play Glastonbury to raise money for Ukrainian army.
- WACO Reveal Video For New Single’ Hardships Will Happen’
- Neck Deep Are Back With New Single’ STFU’
- Interview: Simple Plan’s Chuck Comeau “I think that the whole concept was it ‘is’ harder than it looks.”
- The Flatliners roar back with ‘Performative Hours’
- The Hard-Ons Announce Western Australian Dates For August
- Punk Rock Lifers Beach Rats Share New Single
- Book Review: The Punk Rock Politics of Joe Strummer by Gregor Gall
- Celebrating 40 years of Combat Rock
- The Life of Punk and Fashion Icon Jordan To Be Celebrated.
- Steve Jones and Paul Cook attend the global premiere of new original series Pistol in London
- ‘A great joy’: punk laureate Patti Smith granted France’s highest honour.
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!