Aussie pop-punks release their latest single ‘Ring‘ as a reminder to keep your creative spirit alive despite all the odds.
With Soak debuting a darker, heavier direction for the pop-punk quartet, Ring arrives as its brighter, pop-laden sibling, still embracing electronic elements while delivering nostalgic sounds of 2000s pop and a soaring, hook-driven chorus.
Waxflower frontman Tristan Higginson reveals that the new single “is a self-affirmation. A reminder to myself that it’s worth fighting odds, industry and enemies to keep my creative passion alive.”
“I almost gave up on music before Waxflower. Questioning my ability at the backend of a decade of failed projects and crumbling under the weight of panic disorder, I recorded a demo as a last-ditch effort to get something started. A year and a half later I was playing with my heroes, beginning to do the things I’d always dreamed. It’s me trying to calm the insecurities that keep me from putting myself on the line creatively.
“Don’t let your insecurities get in the way of where you want to be.”
Their previous single Soak followed on from the band’s heart-on-sleeve 2021 debut EP We Might Be Alright . The track caught the attention of both domestic and international media. Plenty of playlist support followed suit, with Spotify adding the track to Rock Out, The Punk List, and major playlist Pop Punk’s Not Dead, alongside the platform’s viral alternative playlist the locker. ‘Soak’ has also dominated Amazon Music’s alternative playlists, with additions to Punk Scene, Fresh Rock, and Breakthrough Alternative.
Waxflower’s new track Ring is out now via Rude Records.
Follow Waxflower on socials for more…
Need some more punk in your life?
- Is Punk Band You Vandal Trying To Deny Its Existence?
- Pep Talk drop new single and animated music video for ‘Dumb Love’
- Bob Mould releases solo live EP The Ocean
- Thick drop new single and announce tour with The Distillers
- PUNK MAJESTY STREETWEAR, Eco-Conscience, Accessible Fashion For All Genders
- Wanted Noise Hit A Home Run With New Single ‘Clench’
- Spanish punk band Memocracia, want to party, party, as they announce the release of their latest album.
- Pop-Punk Band Nearly Spent Accidentally Fall In Love For Valentine’s Day
- Rap-Punk Duo Ho99o9, Announce New Travis Barker Produced LP
- Raise Your Glasses To The Rumjacks New EP
- Life’s Never Been Better for UK Punks Weatherstate
- Petrol Girls Release ‘Baby, I Had An Abortion’
- Fangz Have Got Naked Ambitions With Their Latest Single
- Aussie larrikin punks Dune Rats Prepare Fans For A Real Rare Treat
- The original Killing Joke line-up announces the ‘Lord of Chaos’ EP, their first new material in 7 years
- New video appears of Tim Armstrong and Jesse Michaels performing Operation Ivy classic
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!