The New Jersey band explores coming to terms with being polyamorous.
Pollyanna‘s aggressive new track follows previous singles ‘SLUT,‘ ‘Mars,‘ and ‘Pathetic.‘ All three can be found on Pollyanna’s forthcoming album Slime, set to be released on June 17th via I Surrender Records.
On the new single, vocalist Jill Beckett shares: “’Relationship Anxiety’ is definitely a telling title for what it’s about, but this song actually goes in-depth for so much more.
“For most of my life, I constantly felt anxious at the thought of going into a relationship means you have to make sacrifices to have it work and you can’t ever think about anyone romantically or physically ever again. And that was a constant fear of mine.
“Not only that but we put so much expectations on ourselves, of when we should be single and when we shouldn’t. I had so much fear of going into a relationship for a while because I thought my lifestyle would have to change. I felt that I should remain single during this period of time, which is a false narrative to have.
“This song is basically about coming to terms with being polyamorous and being able to feel love for multiple people while also having an anxiety that because of that, I would never be in a happy relationship with someone.”
Fans can expect more music soon and look forward to seeing new songs live later this year as Pollyanna hits the road with Forever Came Calling.
Pollyanna Tour Dates
Follow Pollyanna on their Socials
Feeling lucky, punk?
- ‘Fear Your Gods’ Warn Ultrabomb
- The single ‘Prince Andrew is a Sweaty Nonce’ by satirical Punk Band, The Kunts climbs the charts on the Queen’s Jubilee weekend.
- Big Joanie release new single ‘Happier Still’
- You can’t keep a good ska-punk band down!
- Blussh are far from feeling blue!
- “Tourists just absolutely love it,” Sex Pistol Steve Jones says of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
- King Bull charge ahead with new single ‘Don’t Want You To Know’
- Norwegian punk bands Freedumb and Hella Rebelliön drop new singles
- Montreal’s These Fast Times Release ‘The Road To Hell Is Paved With Good Intentions’ EP.
- Buzzcocks are Back with a Brand New Album
- Young Pretorians are tuning off the idiot box
- Ukrainian Punk-Folk Quartet to play Glastonbury to raise money for Ukrainian army.
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!