To coincide with Mental Health Day and the release of their new album, the English working-class Celtic punk boys drop new hard-hitting and confronting music video.
“The Hope is exactly what it says on the tin,” says the band of their latest single. “It’s a song that shows you when things are at their very darkest; there’s always a light at the end of the tunnel. There’s always help. There’s always hope! The subject matter is probably at its most poignant right now with what’s happening with the world.”
‘The Hope’ LP carries on in the strong tradition of Ferocious Dog albums, with thought-provoking and politically charged lyrics seamlessly combining with dynamic and eclectic music. The album includes previous singles’ Broken Soldier’ and ‘Petnrich Rising’ along with the ever-present traditional cover, this time, with Hazel O’Connor for ‘Will You’.
The Hope flows irresistibly through tales of historical observations to biting commentary on the plights facing the world today. The songs follow a rollercoaster of pace and sentiment, which will have you wanting to mosh one moment before having a moment to contemplate.
A great follow-up to the album Fake News & Propaganda – Ferocious Dog seems to have the knack of evolving their sound enough to pique your interest without losing any of the sound or attitude that made you fall in love with them in the first place.
Once they’re allowed out to play again, they’ve given themselves a real headache in trying to pick a setlist from their now burgeoning back catalogue.
To celebrate the release of The Hope, Ferocious Dog’s are undertaking a 24 date tour, which started in Liverpool at the O2 Academy 2 on Friday 8th October and concludes at the Leadmill in Sheffield on Sunday 4th December. Check out the full tour dates below!
The band promise those attending “will be part of something very special, watching one of the very best Folk Punk bands in the UK with a high octane explosion of the very best live music.
“People who have attended Ferocious Dog shows know exactly what to expect. People who are new to Ferocious Dogs live shows will be welcomed by the “Hell Hounds” as part of the growing Ferocious Dogs family.”
The Hope album is available to pre-order in usual CD and vinyl, with ticket and T-Shirt bundles available, plus an exclusive limited-edition green vinyl album, limited edition cassette and signed CDs here: https://thehope.ferociousdog.co.uk/
Ferocious Dogs UK 2021 tour dates
Follow Ferocious Dog On Socials
Need More Punk In Your Life?
- Former New York Dolls Guitarist Steve Conte Releases New Single and Video.
- Orlando Pop-Punk Band Virginity Release Album ‘Popmortem’
- Aussie Punks Blussh To Play Free All-Ages Halloween Festival.
- Pennywise Frontman Jim Lindberg Announces Solo Album
- Wolf & Chain Have A ‘Taste For Poison’
- U.S. Pop-Punk Band Borderline Native Unleashes New Video
- The Offspring’s Lastest Video Addresses America’s Addiction Crisis
- Since When Did Wine Become Punk? When The Chats Created their own Cask Wine, That’s When!
- San Diego’s Summer Years, Let Go of Self-Doubt on New Single ‘The Picture You Paint’
- Moscow Death Brigade Come Over All Accoustic!
- New Jersey pop-punk quintet Northvale debuted new song
- Paul Cook: “We should’ve sorted out the Sex Pistols court case in the pub.”
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!