On the 20th anniversary of Joey Ramone’s death, Netflix announces a Joey Ramone biopic is in production.
The book delves into the private life and career of the punk icon. Partnered with STXfilms, Netflix has taken over the project! Peter Davidson also scripted the film along with his frequent collaborator Jason Orley.
“When you share a bed with someone – and not just a bed, but a childhood, a family and a lifetime – you know that person better than anybody else,” STXfilms chairman Adam Fogelson said after announcing to make the biopic.
“Mickey Leigh not only collaborated with his big brother’s band – he has irreplaceable memories of and insights into Joey Ramone, having supported him when no one else would and witnessed him overcome adversity in the most dramatic way.”
Fogelson also viewed Peter Davidson as “perfect for this role.” The actor previously played Motley Crue A&R man Tom Zutaut in the Netflix 2019 biopic The Dirt.
Liked this story? ‘Ere are a few more for ya!
- The Mighty Mighty Bosstones: Ska’d For Life
- Japanese punk-psych-rock band Teke::Teke drop new single
- Why It Took The Offspring Nearly a Decade to Make Their New Album
- The Stranglers’ Black and White: The ‘Difficult’ Third Album?
- 10 German Punk Bands, You NEED On Your Playlist!