Has the Blink-182 legend transformed the soul queen’s ballad into a pop punk anthem?
A music legend in her own right, Adele is one of the world’s highest-selling pop and soul artists with over 120 million record sales to her name. With over 600 million hits on music streaming services, this latest track is a hit all on its own. Enter Barker, sporting an English grindcore Napalm Death t-shirt, adding his thunderous input and you have a whole new song. The stirring track instantly becomes a pop-punk anthem.
Barker puts his usual high voltage charge of energy into the track, belting the skins so hard he breaks a stick at the end. An overdubbed guitar has also been added to the original track that fans of Adel will either love or hate. Judging by the response from fans (of Barker) the instrumental additions are a hit. “We need an Adele pop-punk album”, “The duo we never knew we needed” and the question “So where can we download this version?” are just some of the positive comments.
Barker has risen beyond his legendary Blink-182 drummer status to become a key producer, mentor and collaborator, ushering in the next generation of musicians. His guidance and genuine passion for the music industry and music itself has been a key component in the rise of young artists including MGK, Willow Smith, Jxdn and Trippie Redd giving him the appropriate title ‘Gen-Z’s Pop-Punk Whisperer’.
You follow Travis Barker’s latest activies on socials…
Keep up with the latest in punk
- Tiny Desk Concert Goes Hardcore
- Chris Nine unleashes spirited track ‘Ghosts’ to confront relationships past
- One Hidden Frame release third single from upcoming album
- Riot Grrrl and punk covers feature on Kill Rock Stars’ 30th-anniversary release
- Revenge of the Psychotronic Man get rave remix
- The Year In Review: How ‘Punk’ Was 2021?
- The Day The World Lost A Punk Legend
- Monkey Mind come out swinging with cool new single and music video for ‘Iceman (The ballad of Wim Hof)’
- Festival Season Heats Up As Brakrock Ecofest 2022 line-up announced
- Southwestern German Punk Outfit Small State, Releases New Single and Video
- The Damned Postpone UK Tour With Original Lineup Until Late 2022
- German Punk Legends Slime are back With New Lead Singer And New Single
- Green Day marks the 30th anniversary of ‘Kerplunk!’ by releasing previously unseen photos
- The Dollyrots Get Festive With ‘One More Sleep’
Everyone should have a soundtrack playing loudly in the background of their life. I was born moshing to my own beat and have never swayed from my love of music. Spreading my passion through the written word is my soul’s purpose. My punk heart beats loudly with the rhythm of my rock soul. I plan to continue to mosh like no one gives a shit.
Click on Tracey’s photo for more of her articles!