The Greensboro punks follow up their 2021 album with new single release their latest single The Lost Art Of Shutting Up.
This ’80s surf punk-inspired track has all the ingredients of classic melodic hardcore. With incredibly addictive riffs and pure punk energy, Totally Slow have brilliantly balanced heyday So-Cal hardcore with 60’s surf rock. They offer up razor-sharp, no-frills melodic hardcore, with angry lyrics that show how the personal is inseparable from the political when the country is on the brink of chaos.
After a series of livewire basement shows and sweaty van tours in several bands over the years, Scott Hicks and Andy Foster formed Totally Slow in 2013, releasing a self-titled LP of driving, catchy punk shortly after. Razorcake Magazine called the ten-song debut “well planned and masterful,” saying that the debut “…goes off without a hitch. It’s perfect.”
After 2016 LP Bleed Out’s “powerful, pedal-to-the-metal pop”, Totally Slow went into flux, speeding up their songs for the Imperium EP and introducing guitarist Chuck Johnson (Torchrunner, Gut Feeling), then recalibrating their lineup. Now on Refresh Records, their third LP Casual Drag featured a more collaborative approach to songwriting.
The band has combined the melodic anthems of 1980s SoCal bands like The Adolescents, Agent Orange and The Faction with the skewed rawk of ’90s San Diego bands Drive Like Jehu and Truman’s Water and the righteous conviction of classic DC hardcore like Dag Nasty, Gray Matter and Fugazi.
Need more punk in your life?
- Rare Bloom flourish with new single ‘Montreal Screwjob’
- Sum 41 announces US co-headline tour with Simple Plan
- “Not all women over 40 want to join a choir”
- Paris Texas Punks, Rules of Engagement, are wondering what’s happen to the underground
- Watch Green Day Cover Nirvana For Billie Joe’s 50th
- Wuhan calling: how the city’s punk rock scene changed China’s youth
- Simple Plan And Sum 41’s Deryck Whibley ‘Ruins My Life’
- Riot Grrrl Punk Rock Musical Riot Antigone To Release Album
- Celtic punks The Real McKenzies to release greatest hits album
- The Imbeciles Announce New Album ‘Imbecilica’ Recorded with Legendary Producer Youth!
- Orange County Emo/Punks Crossing I’s Dotting T’s Put Their Feelings Aside
- Waxflower Ring In a New Year With Latest Single
- Is Punk Band You Vandal Trying To Deny Its Existence?
- Pep Talk drop new single and animated music video for ‘Dumb Love’
- Bob Mould releases solo live EP The Ocean
- Thick drop new single and announce tour with The Distillers
- PUNK MAJESTY STREETWEAR, Eco-Conscience, Accessible Fashion For All Genders
- Wanted Noise Hit A Home Run With New Single ‘Clench’
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!