These New York punks will ‘Love You Forever’ if you play your cards right!
Forming in New York in 2014, the self-managed three-piece released their first EP two years later. So began the band’s journey of making music with the raw defiance of punk and addictive melodies of pop.
Their songs are punchy, catchy, opinionated and wildly tongue-in-cheek. With their live show typically spawning a mosh pit described by some as “more like an aggressive hug,” the Brooklyn-based trio brings an unchecked intimacy while building a deep and unshakable solidarity with the audience.
Today, Brooklyn DIY punk band Thick share their new song ‘Love You Forever.’ The track is the first song released by the band since their critically acclaimed debut album’ 5 Years Behind’ (2020) on Epitaph records.
Referring to the track as their “first honest love song,” the band originally wrote it as a gift for a friend’s wedding this past year. “It’s about unconditional love and getting through the hard times — knowing that love transcends all of life’s chapters,” adds the band reveals. “The song is meant to encapsulate the idea of loving your partners, your friends, and most of all, loving yourself. “
Alongside the track, the band releases an upbeat music video directed by Aimee Kuge. Inspired by ’70s era zombie films, Aimee reinterpreted the song’s theme and channelled it into the idea of self-love and revival. “Instead of focusing on romantic love, we decided to go on a quest for self-love in this music video showing how transformative it can be.”
Gearing up for the forthcoming tour, the band opens up, “We want people to feel safe in the mosh pit and hopefully connect with each other. We’ve made so many friends at the shows we’ve played, and we’d love it if people could build some kind of community from coming to see us.”
THICK tour dates with The Distillers
Follow Thick on their socials
Need some more punk in your life?
- PUNK MAJESTY STREETWEAR, Eco-Conscience, Accessible Fashion For All Genders
- Wanted Noise Hit A Home Run With New Single ‘Clench’
- Spanish punk band Memocracia, want to party, party, as they announce the release of their latest album.
- Pop-Punk Band Nearly Spent Accidentally Fall In Love For Valentine’s Day
- Rap-Punk Duo Ho99o9, Announce New Travis Barker Produced LP
- Raise Your Glasses To The Rumjacks New EP
- Life’s Never Been Better for UK Punks Weatherstate
- Petrol Girls Release ‘Baby, I Had An Abortion’
- Fangz Have Got Naked Ambitions With Their Latest Single
- Aussie larrikin punks Dune Rats Prepare Fans For A Real Rare Treat
- The original Killing Joke line-up announces the ‘Lord of Chaos’ EP, their first new material in 7 years
- New video appears of Tim Armstrong and Jesse Michaels performing Operation Ivy classic
- California punks Destroy Boys announce first-ever UK headline tour
- La Armada drop new album this week!
- Rotting Out Cover Nirvana’s ‘Even In His Youth’