The Professionals unveil their new single taken from their forthcoming new album, SNAFU – out 8th October.
Spike Me Baby is a track from the poppier side of the upcoming Professionals album and tells the tale of Cookie’s comeuppance after helping himself unknowingly to his daughter’s (herbally enhanced) chocolates. His daughter, Hollie, features on the track with her distinctive backing vocals.
“Cookie went from peckish, to feeling the end was near, to sitting back and enjoying the ride – he really got spiked by his baby,” the band said in a statement.
“It was a great day,” Mark told Punktuation back in May. “Paul never played Olympia with the Pistols, so he got his chance today. We were lucky to get in there because the site’s being redeveloped, but the millionaire owner and Sex Pistols fan let us use it for the day. A total punk blag!”
Check out Spike Me Baby video here.
Revitalised, re-energised and reinvigorated, The Professionals, new album SNAFU follows the release of their critically acclaimed 2017 album “What In The World“, and according to the band, is another step forward from “What in the World” but with keeping one foot planted in their old influences.
SNAFU bristles with conviction and finds The Professionals on electrifying form, delivering some of the most ballsy, honest and downright brilliant songs of their career.
Armed with unforgettable melodies and catchy choruses, Paul Cook, Tom Spencer and Toshi JC Ogwana are joined by guest guitar players Billy Duffy (The Cult) and Phil Collen (Def Leppard) as well as the “blinding underrated players” Jonny Weathers and Neil Ivison.
“I’m really thrilled to be on the new Professionals album with Cookie and Tom, and a nice bonus, me and Billy Duffy get to play guitar together,” exclaims Phil Collen.
Billy Duffy adds, “I always heed the call as a territorial when asked to join The Professionals.”
SNAFU’s 11 finely crafted songs, full of rock’n’roll attitude, were produced by Dave Draper, with Paul Cook and Tom Spencer co-producing. The album is an aural treat, with no calculated image or reliance on nostalgia.
To support the release of SNAFU, The Professionals head out on to the road and play 15 intimate headline shows starting on 13th October at the Forum in Tunbridge Wells and includes The Garage in London on October 24th.
To pre-order SNAFU go to: www.theprofessionalsband.com/snafu .The album will be available as a limited edition CD in a box with a poster, limited edition gold 12” vinyl and download.
The Professional UK Tour Dates
- Wednesday, October 13 – The Forum, TUNBRIDGE WELLS
- Thursday, October 14 – 02 Academy, OXFORD
- Friday, October 15 – Sin City, SWANSEA
- Saturday, October 16 – Factory, MANCHESTER
- Monday, October 18 – King Tuts, GLASGOWT
- Tuesday, October 19 – The Cluny, NEWCASTLE
- Wednesday, October 20 – Bodega, NOTTINGHAM
- Thursday, October 21 – Castle and Falcon, BIRMINGHAM
- Friday, October 22 – EBGB’s, LIVERPOOL
- Sunday, October 24 – The Garage, LONDON
- Monday, October 25 – EventThe Exchange, BRISTOL
- Tuesday, October 26 – Brudenell Social Club, LEEDS
- Wednesday, October 27 – Craufurd Arms, MILTON KEYNES
- Thursday, October 28 – Live Rooms, CHESTER
Follow The Professionals On Their Socials
More Punk News…
- Former Black Flag Bassist Kira Roessler transcends her punk and hardcore past with soon to be released solo debut.
- JJ Burnel Interview: “This is the first time in a long time that I’m happy with every aspect of a record.”
- Aussie Punks Amyl and The Sniffers look set for a top ten entry into the U.K. chart
- Bob Mould: “It’s ok to miss this tour if you’re vaccine-hesitant”
- Punk News from Deutschland
- A Brief History of Zines
- Witch Fever: Everything’s better with a bucket of fake blood!
- State Champs Drop Catchy New Single Ahead of Their Pure Noise Tour
- Pennywise Frontman Jim Lindberg Shares New Single ‘The Palm of Your Hand’
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!