Following their first-ever Australian top-five album, the Aussie icons kick off their first tour with new frontman Tim Rogers.
The Hard-Ons kick off their ‘I’m Sorry Sir, That Riff’s Been Taken’ tour – their first tour with their new line-up, which features new singer Tim Rogers – tonight at Vinnie’s Dive Bar on the Gold Coast. The tour comes on the back of the band’s first-ever ARIA Top 5 album and takes in all Australian East Coast capitals and key regional hubs.
The list of supports includes strong locals and a couple of bands with a shared history on the Alternative Charts in the ’90s – Smudge in Sydney and The Meanies in Melbourne. Sydney’s C.O.F.F.I.N is the primary support for tour closer at the Corner in Melbourne.
The tour will be unmissable; the new album reveals the new line-up to be working a treat and a couple of surprise shows – including the line-up’s first, playing under the name Clandestine Sausage at the Link & Pin Cafe in Woy Woy back in December.
Hard-Ons Interview: “Some people couldn’t see it. For us, it was like how could it not work having Tim in the band?”
Review: The Hard-Ons – ‘I’m Sorry Sir, That Riff’s Been Taken’
Aussie punk icons the Hard-Ons announce the first tour with new singer Tim Rogers
One of Australia’s most loved and influential bands from the mid- ’80s through to now, the Hard-Ons came out of the multicultural South-West Sydney suburb Punchbowl. They quickly won a large following nationally with their irreverent attitude and catchy, noisy, high-energy sound.
Appearing on the Radio Birdman-influenced Sydney scene of the early ’80s and preceding the punk-pop boom of the ’90s, the Hard-Ons were a musical bridge. They became a punk and alternative music sensation, blowing open doors by incorporating disparate elements.
The complete run of Hard-Ons tour dates
Follow Hard-Ons On Their Socials
Get more of the latest in punk
- Simple Plan Set To Drop Long Awaited New Album
- Yours Truly Fire Up With The ‘Lights On’
- Cancer Bats Drop New Video For ‘Lonely Bong’
- Pennywise Add Extra Date To Sold Out Intimate Shows.
- Chicago’s T1 Festival Announce 2022 Lineup.
- The Chats release electric new single ‘Struck By Lightning’
- Baltimore’s Ravagers, Set The Bar High with New LP
- The Undertones: “We were always trying to be as good as Television or the New York Dolls.”
- Japanese Punk Band Otoboke Beaver Drop New Music Video
- Album review: The Undertones – Dig What You Need
- Bellwether strike a balance on new single ‘Halfway Happy’
- Bowling For Soup are on a roll with latest single ‘I Wanna Be Brad Pitt’
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!