‘A Night Of a Thousand Vampires’ lets you relive the horror theatrics of their London Palladium performance
If you were lucky enough to be there, then this is definitely a show you will want to relive. And if you weren’t there, you get a chance to imagine that you were with the release of this new live recording which preserves this incredible night for posterity!
On October 28th 2019, The Damned performed at the prestigious London Palladium Theatre performing songs from their extensive 40-year back catalogue. But of course, as it is The Damned, there was more to the show than just the band and their instruments on stage. Instead, the audience experienced an immersive musical and theatrical extravaganza, with all the horror showmanship you would expect from a band who have spent four decades entertaining and enthralling fans.
With the band and audience in full vampire attire, David Vanian transforming himself into famous bloodsuckers from Dracula to Nosferatu, all accompanied by electrifying performances from the Circus of Horrors… it was a night to remember. It was also the last gig for drummer Pinch, who has been performing with the band for 20 years.
Performing their classics such as ‘Wait For the Blackout‘ and ‘Neat Neat Neat‘ alongside rare performances of covers like ‘People Are Strange‘ and ‘Eloise‘, all the music and ceremony of one of the most exciting live punk bands is captured for this new live recording.
‘A Night Of a Thousand Vampires‘ will be released on October 28th 2022 and is available for pre-order here.
Follow The Damned on Their Socials
Need some more punk in your life?
- Interview: Beach Rats guitarist Pete Steinkopf on making a new album with old friends and capturing the spirit of the New Jersey punk scene.
- Yours Truly Announce Acoustic Tour
- On the day of Greg Norton’s Cancer Op, The Mahones and UltraBomb’s Finny McConnell Opens Up to Punktuation About Greg’s “battle of his life.”
- Steve Diggle Bares His Sonic Soul
- The Chats Release New Single ‘I’ve Been Drunk In Every Pub In Brisbane’
- Less Than Jake Sing Out ‘Fat Mike’s On Drugs (Again)’
- FALSE HEADS release new single ‘Thick Skin’ ahead of second studio album ‘Sick Moon’
- Breakup Haircut- Punk Dancing For Self Defence review
- Interview: Millencolin Guitarist, Erik Ohlsson, Happy To Be Back On The Road!
- Yours Truly Shares New Single’ Careless Kind’
- French punk pioneer Pamela Popo, Gone, But Not Forgotten
- Keep Flying Announce Revival EP
- New ska punk EP from For the Record
- Meryl Streek Sign To Venn Records and Drop a Double A Side to Celebrate.
- OFF! working on new album and feature film
- “With Sid, I found my war.” Punk photographer Dennis Morris’ Sex Pistols exhibition highlights the ‘violence of punk’.