FANGZ, the punks from Down Under, reveal their ominous new video for ‘I Don’t Like Me’ – Check it out, play it loud!
Sydney-based punk quartet FANGZ have just unveiled their neoteric clip for their latest single ‘I Don’t Like Me’ – shot and directed by Rhys Bennett (Polish Club, Bootleg Rascal, TotallyUnicorn).
Leaning into the track’s theme, the accompanying visual sees the protagonist (played by guitarist Sam Sheumack) switch frenetically between himself and an inner demon, which symbolises the hidden struggles of self-doubt and mental health issues.
Sheumack talks about the production process behind ‘I Don’t Like Me’…
“It was an incredibly enjoyable challenge to step out from behind the safety of my guitar to create two different personalities. Fortunately, my partner is an amazingly talented SFX makeup artist, which made the transition super easy.”
Although battling against an unforgiving global pandemic, FANGZ has maintained their resilience and continued on throughout 2021 with great strides. They sold out all shows on their ‘SelfMedicate’ tour, making appearances across NSW, ACT, VIC and QLD. In the live arena, the band has also supported Comeback Kid (CAN), Cancer Bats (CAN), Gyroscope, TotallyUnicorn and Bare Bones.
Follow FANGZ On Their Socials
If you enjoyed this, you will love…
- Our Darkest Days sign to Lockjaw Records and release single ‘These Fast Times’
- San Francisco Punks United Defiance Release New LP ‘Change The Frequency’
- London DJ Releases Sex Pistols v Ramones Mashup
- Circle Jerks’ Bassist, and Joe Strummer Collaborator, Zander Schloss is Changing His Tune.
- Boston Manor To Hit The Road With Neck Deep
- UK Punks Midwich Cuckoos Drop New Single and Music Video.
- Blink-182’s Mark Hoppus: ‘I’m Cancer Free!’
- Steve Rapport: My Punk Top Ten
- Kira Roessler Interview: ” I feel nothing but joy about my time associated with Black Flag, but it was two years out of my life a long time ago.”
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!