SUM 41 share details about upcoming double album Heaven and Hell in exclusive interview with Rolling Stone.
In an exclusive interview with Rolling Stone, Grammy-nominated band SUM 41 have shared a first look at the details of their upcoming eighth studio album. Vocalist Deryck Whibley shared that the double album, titled Heaven and Hell, is shaping up to be the most ambitious of the band’s career. Heaven brings SUM 41 back to their pop-punk roots. The half of the album is strictly metal, its Hell.
“As I listened to almost all of [the newly written songs], it just kind of dawned on me. Did I just make a double record on accident?” – Deryck Whibley SUM 41Tweet
On the metal half of the album, Whibley says, “Some of the metal stuff comes with a lot of anger for people who have stolen from me and hurt me in the past. It all made sense to me why pop-punk is coming back: it’s feel-good music. There’s something happy about it. Something young and innocent and free,” he continues on the pop-punk aspect of the new record.
The band has been straddling the line of pop-punk and metal for their 26-year career. Heaven and Hell is a clear statement from this iconic band. Nobody else is putting out an album like this because nobody else is capable of it like SUM 41. The upcoming record is expected to propel SUM 41 to new heights. A feat that seems nearly impossible with all their accolades so far, but this is merely the beginning of something great.
Looking back at the band’s storied career, with over 15 million records sold worldwide, multiple Billboard Charting releases, a Grammy Award nomination, 2 Juno Awards (7 nominations), a Kerrang! Award in 2002 and multiple Alternative Press Music Awards, SUM 41 is quite simply a rock band – uncompromising and honest with no intention of slowing down.
SUM 41 recently announced the ‘Blame Canada Tour’ featuring co-headliners Simple Plan. This trek marks the first time both bands will be touring together. The tour features Sum 41 performing All Killer No Filler and Simple Plan performing No Pads, No Helmets…Just Balls. The first leg kicks off on April 29th and features special guest Set It Off.
Get all tour dates HERE.
Follow Sum 41 On Their Socials
Need more punk in your life?
- UltraBomb aim for the heavens with second single
- Red City Radio Announce Live Album
- THE HARD-ONS’ National Tour Hits A Hurdle After First Shows Due To Covid.
- BLUSSH Are Back With A Glamours New Track
- GIG REVIEW: The Hard-Ons Play Hard, Fast and Loud at The Zoo
- Manic Kat Records – Real Punk Real Attitude!
- Today’s Punk News in Brief… March 17 2022
- Die Toten Hosen teams up with rapper Marteria on double single project ‘Scheiß Wessis’ und ‘Scheiß Ossis’
- The Hard-Ons ‘I’m Sorry Sir, That Riff’s Been Taken’ Tour Kicks Off Tonight!
- Deviates are still holding on strong as they announce Troubadour show
- Simple Plan Set To Drop Long Awaited New Album
- Yours Truly Fire Up With The ‘Lights On’
- Cancer Bats Drop New Video For ‘Lonely Bong’
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!