‘Young at Heart’ is the second single off the band’s upcoming album ‘Low Expectations’ – their first LP in over a decade.
The German punk band comprises brothersMax and Carsten Jung and friends Andi Heinze and Sascha Borm. The band formed way back in 2000, but according to the lads, they “forgot to exist from 2010 until 2019”, reforming after they “honed their craft, became better musicians, better human beings, and matured in their mutual relationships.”
Small State is driven by passion and run by the heart. Believing in the power of positivity and equality, the band is DIY, anti-fascist, and pro-LGBTQIA+ and writing and playing music is, according to Max, “still the best thing in the world.
“Being able to still be in a band these days is a gift. The omnipresent pandemic took a huge toll on the whole music scene but for us also gave way for a thoughtful and decelerated writing process.”
With ‘Low Expectations’ the upcoming third full-length record, you can feel that the fire still burns in Small State.
‘Low Expectations’ is out on Midsummer Records 1st April 2022. Don’t be an April Fool pre-order HERE From 2nd January 2022
Follow Small State On Their Socials
Need More Great Punk Sh**?
- The Damned Postpone UK Tour With Original Lineup Until Late 2022
- German Punk Legends Slime are back With New Lead Singer And New Single
- Green Day marks the 30th anniversary of ‘Kerplunk!’ by releasing previously unseen photos
- The Dollyrots Get Festive With ‘One More Sleep’
- Australia’s NinchFest Music Fest Is Back
- REVIEW: Edweena Banger Releases Second Solo Album ‘Diamond Rocks’
- IDLES Release Video for ‘When The Lights Come On’
- Worcester, UK melodic-punks Fights and Fire release new single ‘Disposable Dogs’
- Avril Lavigne Wants To Adapt ‘Sk8er Boi’ into a Movie
- No Time To Sleep For Italian Alt-Punks Deaf Lingo
- CLT DRP Collab With New York’s Flossing on ‘Ownership’ Remix
- RIP Mensi, Angelic Upstarts.
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!