With a summer 2022 release date, a portion of the album’s proceeds will be donated to LGBTQIA+ Sexual & Gender Minority Youth Resource Center.
Sleater-Kinney‘s landmark third album Dig Me Out turned 25 yesterday (April 8), and the legendary punk band announced a new covers album celebrating the anniversary.
Dig Me Out — A Covers Album, features covers by Courtney Barnett, St. Vincent, Jason Isbell & Amanda Shires, the Linda Lindas, Margo Price, Low, Tunde Adebimpe, Wilco, Black Belt Eagle Scout and more that have yet to be announced.
The album is set to arrive this summer, and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to LGBTQIA+ Sexual & Gender Minority Youth Resource Center.
Dig Me Out was Sleater-Kinney’s major breakthrough, and it was also their first album to feature Janet Weiss, who quit the band following the recording of The Center Won’t Hold in 2019.
Sleater-Kinney’s last album was 2021’s Path of Wellness.
Follow Sleater-Kinney on their Socials
For More Great Stories, Check These Out…
- Ardbeg Distillery Releases ‘Ardcore’, a Limited Edition ‘Punk’ Whisky
- Suzi Moon flaunts killer instinct on new single ‘Animal’
- Pop-Punk band Joyce Manor has ‘Gotta Let It Go.’
- Festival Review: Halloween Hysteria III (Finally), Brisbane Australia, 2/4/22
- Pistols TV Drama Trailer Debuts
- Punk legend Jordan – aka Pamela Rooke – has died
- John Lydon does not ‘endorse or support’ new Sex Pistols compilation
- The Losers Club Broadcast Latest Single, ‘Radio Faces.’
- Petrol Girls Announce New Album ‘Baby’
- Captives ‘Return To Mars’ for New Album
- Sweden’s Omni Of Halos Think ‘You Suck’
- Pennywise are Taking the Tour Down Under
- There Are ‘No Rules’ as Far as The Venomous Pinks Are Concerned.
- Brazilian pop-punk quartet Backdrop Falls take it close to the edge
- SUM 41 Give Us A Taste Of Heaven And Hell
- EP REVIEW: Columbus – Driving In The Dark
- UltraBomb aim for the heavens with second single
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!