Fans are going to flip out when they hear Stacked Like Pancakes first new track in three years.
Baltimore based Stacked Like Pancakes is officially back with their new single So Close Yet So Far. The new track was produced by Eric Taft (Less Than Jake, The Amity Affliction, Plain White T’s) at Buzzlounge Studios.
“I went back to my ska roots with this one, and I don’t know how else to explain it besides that it feels very right,” shares frontman Kellen McKay. “The further I got into writing So Close Yet So Far, the more fun I had. I can’t wait to perform it live!”
Guitarist Steve Shriane continues: “To me, this song screams “wanting to break out of a shell”. Recording the song was a great process.”
Bassist Nick Linder adds: “This is my favourite SLP song hands down. It was my honour to be on the recording.”
Following the 2011 debut ska album We’re Not Insane, SLP has since proven to maintain a thick sonic texture through a synthesis of inspirations including Reel Big Fish, Less Than Jake, Blink-182, Green Day, Foo Fighters, Cage the Elephant, Twenty One Pilots, and a huge amount of other artists and genres.
The Pancake Nation community fanbase is hungry for their band to grow. Their unwavering support includes three successful crowdfunded albums. The most recent of which raised over $100,000 to work with multi-platinum record producer Matt Squire for the release of Strange Creatures in 2019.
Concert venues and music patrons alike should be prepared for the stage to shake, the crowd to be wild and unpredictable, and the show to be a deliberate fusion of spontaneity and precision. Stacked Like Pancakes epitomises a tough DIY band despite a meaningless band name, and are rightfully on the rise to claim an international stage of their own.
Follow Stacked Like Pancakes for more…
Need more of the latest in punk?
- Rap-Punk Duo Ho99o9, Power Up With New Single ‘Battery Not Included’
- The Dollyrots drop new album ‘Down The Rabbit Hole’
- Aussie Punks Nocturnal Animals Drop New Single ‘Where’s My Mind Been?’
- Positive News From Hazel O’Connor’s Doctors
- Swedish punks Acid Blood Are ‘Bleeding Out’
- Pet Needs Return With New Single ‘Punk’s Not Dead (It’s Just Up For Sale)
- Celtic Party Rebels The Rumjacks Announce New USA 2022 Headline Dates
- A Grandma Challenges Travis Barker To A Drum Battle
- Hazel O’Connor Slowly Improving
- Urethane collaborate with Pennywise’s Jim Lindberg on new release.
- Sydney punks FANGZ get ready to hit the road
- Good Riddance bassist hospitalised
- Teresa Banks release music vdeo for ‘Alcohol and Cigarettes’
- Bob Mould’s UK and Ireland tour delayed by Covid
- Avril Lavigne Drops New Single and Announces LP Release Date
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!