The Canadian Pop-Punk legends release a track off their upcoming sixth album – their first new music in two years!
The wait is over for ‘The Antidote,’ the brand new single from multi-platinum selling Simple Plan. A poignant and moving track, ‘The Antidote’ marks the band’s first new music in two years.
“We’re so excited to finally release ‘The Antidote,’ the first single off our upcoming sixth album! The song is a throwback to our classic Simple Plan sound but with a modern twist. It has all the elements our fans have come to love and expect from our band: a big, energetic chorus and honest and heartfelt lyrics that deal with life and the struggles we all face. It feels like the perfect starting point and a great preview of what’s to come on the album,” the band shares.
The band wrote and recorded the song before the pandemic hit, and the band believes that the music has become even more relevant after everything that happened over the last 20 months.
“A lot of people are going through some tough times right now, and the song talks about the importance of having someone or something to turn to when life gets really hard.
“For a lot of our fans and for us, it’s been music. Its power to heal, comfort and be a lifeline has never been greater and more needed than now. We hope this song will hit home with our fans and help them deal with the difficult moments we’re all facing.”
Fans can look forward to more new music, including a new album, in 2022. 2022 also marks the 20th anniversary of Simple Plan’s debut album ‘No Pads, No Helmets…Just Balls’, which has recently gained attention on TikTok through the viral “I’m Just A Kid” challenge.
The song has inspired millions of videos, including Will Smith, Ed Sheeran, Usher, and more. “I’m Just A Kid” was certified RIAA Platinum last year.
Upcoming Tour Dates With The Offspring
:Jan 27 – Moncton, NB @ Avenir CentreJan
29 – Halifax, NS @ Scotiabank Centre
Feb 1 – Quebec City, QC @ Videotron Centre
Feb 2 – Montreal, QC @ Bell Centre
Feb 5 – Kingston, ON @ Leon’s Centre
Feb 6 – Ottawa, ON @ Canadian Tire Centre
Feb 8 – Toronto, ON @ Scotiabank Arena
Feb 9 – London, ON @ Budweiser Gardens
Feb 11 – St. Catharines, ON – Meridian Centre
Feb 14 – Winnipeg, MB – Canada Life Centre
Feb 15 – Regina, SK – Brandt Centre
Feb 17 – Saskatoon, SK – SaskTel Centre
Feb 19 – Grande Prairie, AB – Bonnetts Energy Centre
Feb 20 – Red Deer, AB – Peavey Mart Centrium at Westerner Park
Feb 22 – Lethbridge, AB – ENMAX Centre
Feb 23 – Edmonton, AB – Rogers Place
Feb 25 – Calgary, AB – Scotiabank Saddledome
Feb 27 – Prince George, BC – CN Centre
Feb 28 – Kamloops, BC – Sandman Centre
Mar 2 – Penticton, BC – South Okanagan Events Centre
Mar 3 – Vancouver, BC – Rogers Arena
Follow Simple Plan On Their Socials
Need More Punk In Your Life?
- Album Review: ‘Haphazard’ – The Ramonas
- Holy Toledo! Green Day Drop a New Single
- UK Punks The Melbies Release Their Brand New Single
- The Lawrence Arms To host 7th Annual Chicago Punk Festival ‘War On X-Mas’
- New Found Glory Announce Christmas Album ‘December’s Here’
- Album Review: Punk agitators Flangipanis are back with their 8th studio release ‘Fucking Woo’
- Naked Raygun Release Their First Full-Length Album in 31 Years
- Frank Turner goes in hard on new single Non Servium
- Book Review: The Stranglers 1977 – Laura Shenton
- Amyl and The Sniffers GO Live At KEXP-FM
- Josh Homme called as a witness at Brody Dalle contempt trial amid ongoing custody battle
- Mark Hoppus plays at Travis Barker’s House Of Horrors – his first performance since cancer battle
- Rancid’s Lars Frederiksen releases alternate version of “Army Of Zombies” on debut solo EP
- Sleep Braids Bring Hearty Pop-punk With Debut Single and Video
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!