Revenge of the Psychotronic Man may have called it quits four years ago, but the UK band is back with a ‘new’ release that has its sights sets on the dance floor.
The Manchester DIY punks’ ‘I Wanna Be A Rrose on Planet Earth Too (remixes)’ is a digital and limited edition cassette release that steers them away from their trademark fast and heavy punk rock.
Its three tracks were reworked by Wesley Cohen from the UK anti-fascist, DIY punk label Forever Dead Records, which has co-released ‘I Wanna Be…’ with the band’s main label TNSrecords.
TNS said: “After 14 years as a band Revenge Of The Psychotronic Man called it quits in 2018. After that split, Wesley Cohen from Forever Dead Records has given three classic Revenge Of… tracks the remix treatment.
“Revenge Of… listened to a lot of dance music in their van, so were over the moon for three of their tracks to be given a 90s dance/rave feel.”
The release contains new remixes of ‘Rrose Sélavy (To Make A Toast To Life)’, ‘I Wanna Be A Spaceman’, both from the album ‘Colossal Velocity’, and ‘Planet Earth II’, which originally appeared on ‘That Was Just A Noise’.
Between 2004 and 2018 Revenge Of The Psychotronic Man played 575 gigs, touring all over Europe. They released three studio albums, which mainly came out on TNSrecords – the Manchester, UK punk label bassist Andy co-founded in 2003.
The band also recorded a BBC session at Maida Vale studios, leading Steve Lamacq to choose their track, ‘Look At Me I’m A Fucking Tiger’ as one of his top five independent tracks of 2012.
Follow Revenge of the Psychotronic Man
Need more punk rock in your life?
- Teenage Halloween Release Split EP With The Homeless Gospel Choir
- The Year In Review: How ‘Punk’ Was 2021?
- The Day The World Lost A Punk Legend
- Monkey Mind come out swinging with cool new single and music video for ‘Iceman (The ballad of Wim Hof)’
- Festival Season Heats Up As Brakrock Ecofest 2022 line-up announced
- Southwestern German Punk Outfit Small State, Releases New Single and Video
- The Damned Postpone UK Tour With Original Lineup Until Late 2022
- German Punk Legends Slime are back With New Lead Singer And New Single
- Green Day marks the 30th anniversary of ‘Kerplunk!’ by releasing previously unseen photos
- The Dollyrots Get Festive With ‘One More Sleep’
- Australia’s NinchFest Music Fest Is Back
I’m a punk rock aficionado, martial arts pupil and fair-to-middling student of the Bengali language. I’m also a journalist, writer and editor, specialising in medicine and technology.
Click on Dom’s photo for more of his articles