In addition to Rebellion at the Winter Gardens, Blackpool, the Rebellion organisers have announced a new outdoor music festival in front of Blackpool Tower to take place August 4 -7 2022
Exciting news from the Rebellion Festival camp. Next year, August 4th-7th, alongside the typically punk rammed festival at the Winter Gardens, Rebellion Festival have announced an additional event with a new outdoor stage called R-FEST, to be headlined by Levellers, The Stranglers, Gary Numan and Squeeze.
The idea is that this stage is for music fans with more mainstream tastes on the alternative side, who don’t necessarily want to get their brains bludgeoned by The Exploited!
The organisers are building an arena with the sea on one side and the town on the other, with a capacity for 15,000 punters and space for bars, food, and band merchandise.
Whilst still staying true to the punk and alternative roots of the Rebellion Festival, R-FEST looks to broaden the scope of artists playing to include acts who had their origins in alternative music but went on to achieve huge mainstream success.
R-FEST have announced the following line-ups.
FRIDAY 5th AUGUST: The Stranglers, The Undertones, The Skids, From the Jam, Toyah, Jilted John, The Vapors
SATURDAY 6th AUGUST: Gary Numan, Peter Hook & the Light, Pop Will Eat Itself, Spear of Destiny, Chameleons, Primitives, Pete Bentham & the Dinner Ladies
SUNDAY 7th AUGUST: Squeeze, SPECIAL GUEST TBA, Tom Robinson Band, Hollie Cook, Buzzcocks, Altered Images, I, Doris
“At last!” exclaims organiser Jennie Russell-Smith. “After the long delays and world craziness, we are absolutely delighted to give you the full R-FEST lineup for 2022 (apart from one special guest slot that will be worth waiting for).
“It has not been easy to pull all of these amazing bands together for four days, many bands are still rescheduling shows from 2020, but we are all incredibly excited for our first-ever R-FEST line up; four days of bands in the incredible headland arena with the tower and the Wintergardens on one side and the Irish Sea on the other! It’s going to be amazing!!
R-FEST will quickly establish itself as the North West’s premiere music festival, and Rebellion Festival look forward to welcoming many fans that could be experiencing one of their events for the first time. We’re sure they will be welcomed by the Rebellion Family and soon realise why Blackpool is such a special place for our summer gatherings.
AND THE BEST NEWS? R-FEST is a standalone festival, and day tickets are available at £50 per day. However, if you are a REBELLION weekend or REBELLION day ticket holder, your ticket will get into R-FEST Free Of Charge!
Rebellion Festival also looks forward to hosting the best punk from around the world in 2022, with the likes of Sham 69, Bad Religion, Circle Jerks, Cock Sparrer and Stiff Little Fingers confirmed to play the Winter Gardens!
Contact Rebellion Festival
For more news check out these stories…
- Sink your teeth into the latest video from the boisterous Aussie punks FANGZ
- Angelic Upstarts Singer Mensi Seriously Ill in ICU with COVID
- The Steve Ignorant Band Release ‘Live In Notts 2021’
- Desperate Measures Drop Video For New Single Scars and Memories.
- Aussie Pop-Punks Snark Debut Emotive New Track
- Grumpster sign to Pure Noise Records and release new single
- The Damned Announce The Release Of An Exclusive, Collectors’ Limited Edition Book!
- Italian Punks, The Brokers and The Wall Street Band, Debut EP
- Leeds Punks Sunliner Announce New Frank Turner Produced Single
- Legendary Punks The Vibrators Clear Out Their Archives For A Three-CD Box Set Of Vintage Demos!
- Wolf & Chain Wrap Up A Three-Part Narrative with New Music Video
- Interview: Pennywise’s Jim Lindberg Bares His Soul On His New Solo Album
- The Filth And The Fury: OTD in 1976 The Sex Pistols Outrage The British Public Live On TV!
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!