The pop punk trio from Brooklyn showcase second single from upcoming album ‘Happy Now’
I’m sure we all wish we could have a few minutes with our younger selves and impart some of the wisdom we’ve accumulated over the years, even if it is just to let them/ourselves know that things will be okay. Well, this is exactly what THICK have done via their new track ‘Tell Myself’ which sees them team up again with producer Joel Hamilton (Iggy Pop) for a slice of catchy, poignant pop punk.
Formed in 2014, THICK have been turning introspective observations and harsh truths into tracks that are equal parts endearing and exhilarating. Their new album will see the band- vocalist/guitarist Nikki Sisti, vocalist/bassist Kate Black, and vocalist/drummer Shari Page- tackle topics from self sabotage and insecurity, to victim blaming and destructive relationships.
The new album’s lead single ‘Loser‘ has already received multiple spins on BBC 6 Music and Radio 1 and the trio will be hoping to keep the momentum going with this new offering. Speaking about the new track ‘Tell Myself‘, the band explained the premise:
“As you get older, you sometimes look at your little-kid self and wish you could give them a hug and tell them everything’s going to be okay. It’s not about minimizing life experiences, but a reminder that you’re stronger than you think and that—despite what it feels like in the moment—there is a light at the end of the tunnel.”
‘Happy Now‘ is the band’s follow up to 2020’s ‘Five Years Behind‘, and this new 11 track album should see THICK’s star rise. Since signing to Epitaph in 2018, they have toured all over the US including with punk legends Flogging Molly and indie rock icons Violent Femmes. They embark on their own headline US tour in August 2022 so be sure to catch them if you can.
‘Happy Now‘ is released on 19th August via Epitaph. You can pre-order here.
Follow THICK on Their Socials
Need some more punk in your life?
- Interview: Beach Rats guitarist Pete Steinkopf on making a new album with old friends and capturing the spirit of the New Jersey punk scene.
- Yours Truly Announce Acoustic Tour
- On the day of Greg Norton’s Cancer Op, The Mahones and UltraBomb’s Finny McConnell Opens Up to Punktuation About Greg’s “battle of his life.”
- Steve Diggle Bares His Sonic Soul
- The Chats Release New Single ‘I’ve Been Drunk In Every Pub In Brisbane’
- Less Than Jake Sing Out ‘Fat Mike’s On Drugs (Again)’
- FALSE HEADS release new single ‘Thick Skin’ ahead of second studio album ‘Sick Moon’
- Breakup Haircut- Punk Dancing For Self Defence review
- Interview: Millencolin Guitarist, Erik Ohlsson, Happy To Be Back On The Road!
- Yours Truly Shares New Single’ Careless Kind’
- French punk pioneer Pamela Popo, Gone, But Not Forgotten
- Keep Flying Announce Revival EP
- New ska punk EP from For the Record
- Meryl Streek Sign To Venn Records and Drop a Double A Side to Celebrate.
- OFF! working on new album and feature film
- “With Sid, I found my war.” Punk photographer Dennis Morris’ Sex Pistols exhibition highlights the ‘violence of punk’.
I’m Molly Tie- I am the UK Editor for Punktuation and a general punk enthusiast! I play drums (badly), write a lot about punk (not as badly) and I’m particularly interested in issues relating to women in the music scene.