Ahead of the April 29 release of their sophomore EP ‘The Sound Of What Went Wrong’ the Brisbane-based band release another banger.
There’s no doubt that adored pop-punk rockers Waxflower have been making a huge impact in the lead up to their sophomore EP The Sound Of What Went Wrong – out Friday April 29th via Rude Records – with the band today releasing the final taste of what is to come with yearning new single ‘Misaligned Love‘. Featuring the enthralling vocals of indie pop/rock songstress Sydney Sprague.
‘Misaligned Love’ is about a love connection that can never quite come to fruition, although the stars have certainly aligned for the collaboration between Waxflower and Miss Sprague, and we’re so grateful for it!
“Having the wonderful Sydney Sprague feature on this track was an incredible honour & she really helped to elevate ‘Misaligned Love’ to a place that we couldn’t, without her,” explains drummer Daniel Seymour.
“We’ve been huge fans of hers for a couple of years now, so when the opportunity arose with ‘Misaligned Love’, we reached out to her to feature and thankfully she agreed! She’s just finished touring with Jimmy Eat World & Dashboard Confessional, so no doubt she’ll be over in Australia soon & we can finally celebrate this track together, in person.”
Bristling with a punk-infused longing that encourages the release of emotional turmoil through intense instrumental breakdowns and cathartic vocal deliveries, ‘Misaligned Love’ brings the frustration of missed opportunities to life, as lead vocalist Tristan Higginson explains:
“‘Misaligned Love’ is about timelines that never merged. Two people having feelings for each other at different times in their life that never connected. It’s about coming to terms that in a different timeline things could have been different, and having to mourn the loss of what you never actually had.”
ON TOUR WITH TROPHY EYES
Main Wax Flower Phot Mitch Lowe
Follow Waxflower on socials for more…
Need some more punk in your life?
- DIY punk festival Wonk Fest returns for 2022
- Witch Fever return with new single ‘Blessed Be Thy’
- Punk: Rage & Revolution – exploring the late ’70s Leicester Punk scene
- Mean Jeans hit up the bog for a new EP release
- Incisions Release Incendiary New Track Gasoline
- Chris Bailey, Lead Singer of The Saints And ‘Father of Aussie punk’, Dies.
- Sleater-Kinney Announce’ Dig Me Out’ 25th Anniversary Covers Album Featuring The Linda Lindas, St. Vincent, Courtney Barnett and More
- Long-Running UK Punk Band SNUFF Returns with New Album on April 22
- Lydon is continuing his rage against the Disney machine, labelling their upcoming Sex Pistols drama series ‘Pistol’ “a fairytale”.
- Square Tugs get ‘Fat, Drunk, Stupid’ on new single
- The Clash Announce The Release of 40th-Anniversary Edition of Combat Rock
- Watch the trailer for punk documentary ‘Wake Up Punk’ featuring Vivienne Westwood
- Ardbeg Distillery Releases’ Ardcore’, a Limited Edition’ Punk’ Whisky
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!