To celebrate the announcement of the release of ’40 oz. To Fresno’, the band’s 6th studio album, Joyce Manor shares the album’s first single, ‘Gotta Let It Go’.
Joyce Manor has announced their 6th studio album, ’40 oz. To Fresno‘, slated for release on June 10th on Epitaph Records. They also share ‘Gotta Let It Go,’ the first single off the album. Pairing sentimental lyrics with an aggressive bridge, the track emphasises the “punk” in pop-punk and is the perfect re-introduction to the band.
40 oz. To Fresno is damn near the perfect pop-punk album. It’s short but very sweet! Of the nine songs, only two break the two-minute mark! The new single ‘Gotta Let It Go’ clocks in at a massive one minute fifty-three seconds, but it packs a lot in!
Originally planning to take a small break from music, Joyce Manor brought their latest project to life thanks to singer/guitarist Barry Johnson’s desire to keep writing during quarantine.
Produced by Rob Schnapf (Elliott Smith, Tokyo Police Club, Joyce Manor’s ‘Cody’) mixed by Tony Hoffer (Beck, Phoenix) with Tony Thaxton of Motion City Soundtrack on drums, a sense of liberation lies at the core of this project. It’s strangely fitting that the title was taken from an auto-corrected text message about Sublime. Those types of happy accidents are all over 40 oz. To Fresno and are worth the subsequent sonic hangover.
Vocalist Barry Johnson summarises, “This album makes me think of our early tours, drinking a 40 in the van on a night drive blasting Guided By Voices and smoking cigarettes the whole way to Fresno.”
Since forming in 2008, the pop-punk group has proved time and time again that they capture listeners’ attention through their catchy yet thought-provoking lyrics and high energy shows. Although they have an established sound that reflects the energetic and gritty nature of the band, which fans have come to expect, they push the limits by experimenting throughout the recording process.
Joyce Manor will be touring in Europe with The Menzingers in October. Tickets can be purchased via the band’s website.
The Menzingers /Joyce Manor Tour Dates
Follow Joyce Manor On Socials
Check out more from Punktuation
- Festival Review: Halloween Hysteria III (Finally), Brisbane Australia, 2/4/22
- Pistols TV Drama Trailer Debuts
- Punk legend Jordan – aka Pamela Rooke – has died
- John Lydon does not ‘endorse or support’ new Sex Pistols compilation
- The Losers Club Broadcast Latest Single, ‘Radio Faces.’
- Petrol Girls Announce New Album ‘Baby’
- Captives ‘Return To Mars’ for New Album
- Sweden’s Omni Of Halos Think ‘You Suck’
- Pennywise are Taking the Tour Down Under
- There Are ‘No Rules’ as Far as The Venomous Pinks Are Concerned.
- Brazilian pop-punk quartet Backdrop Falls take it close to the edge
- SUM 41 Give Us A Taste Of Heaven And Hell
- EP REVIEW: Columbus – Driving In The Dark
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!