The raging feminist hardcore punk rockers have booked a handful of UK dates in the New Year for their first post-lockdown dates.
The UK/Austrian band will hit Newport’s Le Pub on 14 March for the first stop on a six-date dash in support of their forthcoming (as yet, unnamed) third album.
The follow-up to 2018’s ‘Cut & Stitch’, was recorded at Devon’s Middle Farm Studios in October with Peter Miles and will be out next year on the London-based independent label Hassle Records.
The tracks feature Katie Gatt from Personal Best on bass, who joined singer Ren Aldridge, guitarist Joe York and drummer Zock Astpai for the sessions following the 2019 departure of original bassist Liepa Kuraitė.
Earlier this month Petrol Girls released the “extremely serious piece of musical political commentary” that is ‘I’ll Give You Motherfuckers Christmas’.
The tongue-in-cheek track is unlikely to be a festive chart-topper, but its accompanying merchandise of Christmas jumpers – or Soli Sweatshirts – will offer serious support, with all profits going to The Unity Centre, Calais Food Collective and No Borders Team helping those stuck at the Poland-Belarus border.
However, pre-orders for the desirable garment close this week, so orders need to be in soon.
Petrol Girls Tour Dates
Follow Petrol Girls On Socials
Need more of the latest in Punk?
- The Filth And The Fury: OTD in 1976 The Sex Pistols Outrage The British Public Live On TV!
- Colorado Punk Band The Sleights Release New Single
- Virginian Punks NC17 Release ‘Something’s Different’ As First Single Off Their Debut EP.
- Finish Punks, One Hidden Frame, Drop New Single
- Delaire The Liar announce brand new EP ‘Eat Your Own’
- The frontman of Aussie ska-punk band The Bennies issues apology after performing at anti-vax rally attended by Australia’s far-right, nationalist party ‘One Nation’.
- Outgoing German Chancellor, Angela Merkel chooses Nina Hagen song for her retirement ceremony
- Punk fan trolls U.S. right-wing radio show by namedropping punk bands
- Sold Out Amyl And The Sniffers Berlin Show Cancelled.
- Take a Gander At South Korean Punks Smoking Goose
- Malcolm McLaren and Vivienne Westwood’s son accused of faking his burning of £5 million worth of punk memorabilia.
- Jimmy Eat World drop final instalment of the Phoenix Sessions
- Bad Religion Reschedule Last Three Dates of Tour After Member Contracts COVID
- Punk Rock Legend Henry Rollins Lists His L.A. Home
I’m a punk rock aficionado, martial arts pupil and fair-to-middling student of the Bengali language. I’m also a journalist, writer and editor, specialising in medicine and technology.
Click on Dom’s photo for more of his articles