UK political/feminist punk rock outfit Petrol Girls head out on tour supporting their latest album.
Following their stuff-of-legend sets at 2000trees and BST Hyde Park with Pearl Jam this summer, Petrol Girls have announced their own UK & European headline tour, kicking off at the end of September. Tickets are on sale now.
Vocalist Ren Aldridge enthuses: “We can finally announce our album release tour! We can’t bloody wait to celebrate our beautiful (if noisy) BABY with you! Please note that we will move the Glasgow show from Broadcast if the current refurbishments do not meet the union’s demands.”
Petrol Girls’ pertinent, political post-hardcore punk is more important than ever in these turbulent times, and the recent album Baby is essential listening in the current climate. The album’s opening song Preachers sets the tone for the rest of the album, both sentimentally and musically. “There’s a lot of preachers here, but I don’t see no saints,” Aldridge sings through a smirk you can practically hear. “Lot of fingers pointing, palms sweating under red paint…”
The self-aggrandising nature of call-out culture and moral one-upmanship is put on blast from start to finish with lyrics like “feeling dead important in the comments”, while a post-punk instrumental veers between angular riffs and a power chord chorus.
Petrol Girls’ proudly pro-choice single Baby, I Had An Abortion is becoming an anthem for a generation railing against anti-abortion legislation. Fight For Our Lives (ft. Janey Starling of feminist organisation Level Up) and Violent By Design deal with topics of femicide and police brutality.
The new album Baby is out now via Hassle Records
Ticket information can be found HERE.
Follow Petrol Girls On Socials
Need more of the latest in punk?
- Yours Truly Announce Acoustic Tour
- On the day of Greg Norton’s Cancer Op, The Mahones and UltraBomb’s Finny McConnell Opens Up to Punktuation About Greg’s “battle of his life.”
- Steve Diggle Bares His Sonic Soul
- The Chats Release New Single ‘I’ve Been Drunk In Every Pub In Brisbane’
- Less Than Jake Sing Out ‘Fat Mike’s On Drugs (Again)’
- FALSE HEADS release new single ‘Thick Skin’ ahead of second studio album ‘Sick Moon’
- Breakup Haircut- Punk Dancing For Self Defence review
- Interview: Millencolin Guitarist, Erik Ohlsson, Happy To Be Back On The Road!
- Yours Truly Shares New Single’ Careless Kind’
- French punk pioneer Pamela Popo, Gone, But Not Forgotten
- Keep Flying Announce Revival EP
- New ska punk EP from For the Record
- Meryl Streek Sign To Venn Records and Drop a Double A Side to Celebrate.
- OFF! working on new album and feature film
- “With Sid, I found my war.” Punk photographer Dennis Morris’ Sex Pistols exhibition highlights the ‘violence of punk’.
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!