The punk band will tour for the final time next year to celebrate their 40th anniversary.
NOFX could still record and release new music even after they retire from touring next year, according to guitarist Eric Melvin.
Melvin elaborated more on the band’s decision to quit touring in conversation with Avenged Sevenfold‘s Johnny Christ on his Drinks With Johnny podcast. He revealed that the decision was largely down to frontman and bassist Mike ‘Fat Mike’ Burkett and the stress and anxiety he faces when on the road.
“It’s sad, but it’s true. It’s Mike, really. I think I have a clue, but I’m not really sure why exactly. It’s maybe stressful, anxious for him. And he’s just like, maybe not sure that it’s working for him any more,” said Melvin.
“He’s just been talking about it for a few years. We’ve been trying to make adjustments and of course the pandemic has thrown a wrench in everything. We’ve tried to make adjustments to see if that works better for him, and it just seems like it’s not.
“So he’s got to get out and stop. I think that we’re like showing our strengths more than ever in the live show and he’s just not feeling it. He’s gotta do what he’s gotta do. We’re brothers, and we’ve gotta take care of each other, despite the reasons pulling us in different directions.
“We gotta support him in that. Let’s make the biggest bang that we can to get out. Have a big party, celebrate 40 years of touring, 40 years of recording.”
However, it doesn’t necessarily mean the end of NOFX. “He still wants to record and release records as NOFX. So we’ll see how that works because they kind of go hand-in-hand, but they don’t have to.”
Keep up with NOFX news on socials…
For more punk news check these out…
- It was 20 years ago today, Joe Strummer passed away
- Fat Mike’s Punk Rock Museum Set to Open in Las Vegas in ’23.
- Live Review: Johnny Moped and The Price at the 100 Club
- 2022 – A Year in Punk! (Part One) January-June
- Terry Hall of The Specials dies aged 63
- Gig Review: The Offspring and Sum 41 Brisbane, Australia
- Exclusive interview: Big Joanie’s Lead singer Stephanie Phillips talks about the new album, touring with the Idles…and a love of The Carpenters.
- Midnight Creeping In: Justin Courtney Pierre Shares Psychiatric Hospital News
- The Exploited’s Wattie is alive and well and on the mend.
- Siouxsie Sioux Announces First Live Performance since 2013
- Luke Seymoup releases new single ‘Pop Songs’
- Review: Wingmen album launch and Q & A
- Quick Release – The latest in Punk Releases – Snippits
- Check Out the New Bad Brains Mural Painted by Shepard Fairey in Downtown Manhattan!
- Iggy Pop drops new song ‘Strung Out Johnny’
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!