Pop-punk powerhouses State Champs have shared their newest single and music video ‘Eventually’.
On the surface, the track seems to tell a story about a conflict between two separate individuals, but in reality, it tells the all-too-familiar story of a mental and physical battle within one person.
On the new track, the band shares: “In the past few years, I’ve had my first real experience with mental health issues, as well as some physical battles that have affected my thought process on the future. This song is about facing those things head-on.
“I’ve never been one to open up about these things, so I hope if anyone relates to ‘Eventually’ even in the slightest, it lets them know that it’s ok to have these feelings and to talk about them. Writing this song motivated me to take the necessary steps to get my mind and body back to a healthy place, and I hope those listening are able to do the same.”
The band recently announced their brand-new 4th studio album, ‘Kings Of The New Age’, which includes previously released singles ‘Everybody But You’, ‘Outta My Head’, and ‘Just Sound’ alongside nine never-before-heard tracks featuring guest vocalists Ben Barlow, Chrissy Costanza, Mitchell Tenpenny, and Four Year Strong.
‘Everybody But You‘ featuring Ben Barlow of Neck Deep, was released alongside a high-energy music video that featured cameos from long-time friends Tyler Posey, Lil Aaron, Kelen Capener, and many others has had over one million views.
‘Kings of The New Age’ is our fourth album, the one that we spent the most time on, and the one that makes the biggest statement,” the band says about the new album.
“After writing over 30 songs, we narrowed it down to 11 that best represent our mission as a band, and sonically, match the energy level we wanted to captivate heading into this new chapter.”
Follow State Champs on socials…
For more punk news check out these stories…
- Aussie Pop-Punk Band Waxflower Drop New Music Video
- DIY punk festival Wonk Fest returns for 2022
- Witch Fever return with new single ‘Blessed Be Thy’
- Punk: Rage & Revolution – exploring the late ’70s Leicester Punk scene
- Mean Jeans hit up the bog for a new EP release
- Incisions Release Incendiary New Track Gasoline
- Chris Bailey, Lead Singer of The Saints And ‘Father of Aussie punk’, Dies.
- Sleater-Kinney Announce’ Dig Me Out’ 25th Anniversary Covers Album Featuring The Linda Lindas, St. Vincent, Courtney Barnett and More
- Long-Running UK Punk Band SNUFF Returns with New Album on April 22
- Lydon is continuing his rage against the Disney machine, labelling their upcoming Sex Pistols drama series ‘Pistol’ “a fairytale”.
- Square Tugs get ‘Fat, Drunk, Stupid’ on new single
- The Clash Announce The Release of 40th-Anniversary Edition of Combat Rock
- Watch the trailer for punk documentary ‘Wake Up Punk’ featuring Vivienne WestwoodArdbeg Distillery Releases’ Ardcore’, a Limited Edition’ Punk’ Whisky
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!