Save Face has dropped a killer sophomore album just in time for Halloween.
Save Face’s monumental new album, Another Kill For The Highlight Reel, houses some of the most eccentric and theatrical music that vocalist Tyler Povanda has ever created – and he knows it too.
He opens the album’s liner notes with the statement, “This is the soundtrack of me killing my enemies,” but it’s barely a taste of what AK4THR has in store. It’s a twisted kind of game the young songwriter is playing. He pulls inspiration from Jersey titans like My Chemical Romance and Thursday, then melds this influence with Broadway musicals like Sweeney Todd and Rocky Horror Picture Show.
The result is one of the boldest and most formidable albums of the year.
“I’m just trying to make something that’s interesting to me, despite whether anyone likes it or hates it,” Tyler explains.
The spirit of art for art’s sake is what truly lies at the core of their ethos. “If you’re going to make art, you have to be willing to have your spirit crushed, and I have repeatedly,” Tyler admits. “But in that, I made the best thing I ever have.”
“It can be hard to reconcile the fact that we live in a world where we’re taught that the validation of your art determines its worth,” he continues. “The only thing that makes it worth it is creating something that is so inspiring to you that it feels like it’s worth the struggle to put it out into the world—and that’s what these songs did for me.”
That drive to keep pushing through discomfort is evident on this album. It’s what makes the collection of songs on ‘Another Kill For The Highlight Reel’ as cathartic as they are catchy.
Shakespeare famously wrote, “all the world’s a stage, and the men and women merely players.” Povanda recognises the power in elevating those players for the sake of the story and does that in deliberate ways on Another Kill For The Highlight Reel. The result is an album that will amaze and alienate in equal measures.
Listen to/stream Another Kill For The Highlight Reel HERE.
Follow Save Face
If you enjoyed this you’ll love………
- Grime vs. Punk at Tate Liverpool
- Nova Twins are feeling like a riot on new single Antagonist
- Fair Do’s Drop New Single ‘Consolation’
- Bite Me Bambi Announce Short Run of Midwest Shows
- Our Darkest Days Sail In With ‘A Sea Of Lies’
- Benjamin Vallé, founding member of Swedish punk band Viagra Boys, has died.
- Mannequin Pussy Set Up a Fundraiser After Theft of Their Tour Van.
- Wonk Unit bring the painful, political and personal on new album ‘Uncle Daddy’
- Crown The King Announce EP ‘Groundhog Day’
- IDLES’ Joe Talbot announces UK Q&A shows.
- Album Review: Wolf & Chain – ‘Amor Mortal’.
- BAABES TO RELEASE NEW SINGLE ‘BAD BOY WORSE DRUGS’
- “The Feeling of Punk is Universal.” Deutschpunks Alarmsignal Interview.
- British Folk-Punks Skinny Lister Release Their Much-Anticipated LP ‘A Matter Of Love & Life’
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!