New York City blues groovers and rockers Daddy Long Legs have announced their eagerly anticipated new album ‘Street Sermons’, to be released on March 17th via Yep Roc Records.
This fourth studio album represents a wellspring of bottled-up feelings and emotions that need to be taken to the streets. Produced by Oakley Munson of the Black Lips at Old Soul Studios in Catskill, NY the band expands upon a sound that’s all their own and features guest appearances from Punk Rock legend Wreckless Eric providing backing vocals on ‘Nightmare’; and ‘Silver Satin’; and The Lovin Spoonful‘s John Sebastian on ‘Ding-Ding Man’.
First single release from the album, title track ‘Street Sermon’, sees the group beseeching their troubled congregation to “Work with one another/Not against each other” as the Brooklyn band evolve into a chain gang that sounds like they’re emanating through the cracks of a hot and sticky subway station.
Vocalist / harmonicist Brian Hurd writes about the track, “We were upset about a lot of things when we wrote this song and one thing that struck me was that there was a real lack of meaningful protest songs being written at the time so we decided to take matters into our own hands.”
During dark times, Daddy Long Legs continue to shine their light everywhere they go, leaving a piece of themselves on stage every night because it’s in them and it’s got to come out!
Pre-order ‘Street Sermons’ HERE.
‘Street Sermons’ tracklist:
01- Street Sermon
03- Rockin’ My Boogie
04- Harmonica Razor
05- Been a Fool Once
07- You’ll Die Too
08- Silver Satin
09- Two Dollar Holler
10- Ding-Ding Man
11- Stop What You’re Doin’
12- Electro-motive Blues
Keep up with Daddy Long Legs on socials…
For more punk news check these out…
- It was 20 years ago today, Joe Strummer passed away
- Fat Mike’s Punk Rock Museum Set to Open in Las Vegas in ’23.
- Live Review: Johnny Moped and The Price at the 100 Club
- 2022 – A Year in Punk! (Part One) January-June
- Terry Hall of The Specials dies aged 63
- Gig Review: The Offspring and Sum 41 Brisbane, Australia
- Exclusive interview: Big Joanie’s Lead singer Stephanie Phillips talks about the new album, touring with the Idles…and a love of The Carpenters.
- Midnight Creeping In: Justin Courtney Pierre Shares Psychiatric Hospital News
- The Exploited’s Wattie is alive and well and on the mend.
- Siouxsie Sioux Announces First Live Performance since 2013
- Luke Seymoup releases new single ‘Pop Songs’
- Review: Wingmen album launch and Q & A
- Quick Release – The latest in Punk Releases – Snippits
- Check Out the New Bad Brains Mural Painted by Shepard Fairey in Downtown Manhattan!
- Iggy Pop drops new song ‘Strung Out Johnny’
‘Usually found jumping around down the front at gigs, I also relish taking photos and videos, singing, speaking with fellow music fans, and asking musicians the questions nobody else does Writing about my favourite bands and connecting with people who love music too keeps me more-or-less sane I’ve worked for over 25 years at a video production company, mainly filming live music events, therefore I have an additional backstage perspective!’