Southwest Florida pop-punk band cover a Counting Crows classic
Showing their softer side for Valentine’s Day, the Sunshine State quintet Nearly Spent follow on from the release of January’s “Hello” with a pop-punk iteration of the classic Counting Crows‘ ballad ‘Accidentally In Love‘.
Having formed during the pandemic, and spent the bulk of the COVID years creating their debut EP, Nearly Spent have crafted an energetic, heart-on-sleeve and driving pop-punk soundscape, deftly balancing urgency and melody.
Honing the best of modern-day pop-punk, with nods to artists such as Real Friends, Chunk! No, Captain Chunk and Neck Deep, Nearly Spent’s Valentine’s Day-ready new cover of Counting Crows‘ “Accidentally In Love” follows the release on January’s buoyant ‘Hello’, the two setting the wheels in the motion for Spring’s debut EP release.‘Nearly Spent’ is out April 22nd.
Nearly Spent is:
Eric Calderon – Lead Vocals
Ryan Vega – Guitar, Vocals
Paul O’Neill Castro -Guitar
Leo Cartelli – Bass
Ryan White – Drums
More Nearly Spent
More From your favourite Punk Mag
- Raise Your Glasses To The Rumjacks New EP
- Life’s Never Been Better for UK Punks Weatherstate
- Petrol Girls Release ‘Baby, I Had An Abortion’
- Fangz Have Got Naked Ambitions With Their Latest Single
- Aussie larrikin punks Dune Rats Prepare Fans For A Real Rare Treat
- The original Killing Joke line-up announces the ‘Lord of Chaos’ EP, their first new material in 7 years
- New video appears of Tim Armstrong and Jesse Michaels performing Operation Ivy classic
- California punks Destroy Boys announce first-ever UK headline tour
- La Armada drop new album this week!
- Rotting Out Cover Nirvana’s ‘Even In His Youth’
- Anndy Negative releases song about staying positive
- FRND CRCL Are The Life Of The Party
- The Meanies Announce Their Aussie Tour – AGAIN!
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!