The new album ‘We’re All Doomed’ is set for release on November 19 via SBÄM Records and Wiretap Records.
With a mix of ’90s skate punk and ’80s old school pop-punk, Avenues are the latest discovery to hit the streets from the U.S.A.
Four years in the making, the road to the new album ‘We’re All Doomed’ has not been an easy one. In 2017, midway through production at Atlas Studios in Chicago, drummer Marc-Alan fell almost fatally ill and spent most of 2018 in hospital after a failed surgery.
In solidarity with their fallen band member, the band continued to work relentlessly on the album until 2019, when the closing of Atlas Studios in Chicago would throw another obstacle in their way. After a lengthy search for a new studio, the band finally got back to work in late 2019, when the Covid-19 Pandemic would delay their release even further.
Through sheer determination, hard work and a bit of punk magic, the album is now complete and ready to hit the shelves.
From setbacks to strengths, the creative process of this album is definitely worn on the sleeves of Avenues and can be felt in every track. Their sound lies somewhere between The Ramones and Pennywise, and despite hailing from the West, the band are heavily influenced by the East-Coast, Bay Area punk revival.
‘We’re All Doomed’ will debut on SBÄM Records and Wiretap Records on November 19, with the single ‘Lights Out’ released on October 22.
Follow Avenues Online
Need More Punk In Your Life?
- Private Function Stand Down Band Member Due To Alleged ‘Sexual Misconduct’
- UK Subs sack drummer for ‘celebrating’ the murder of Conservative MP David Amess.
- Brody Dalle and Josh Homes face-off in court battle
- Stick To Your Guns Drop Architects-Assisted Single
- The Domestics’ James Domestic Drops New Solo Single and Video
- Celtic Punks Ferocious Dog unveil their new video for ‘The Hope’, the title track off their latest album
- Full Tilt Festival Announces New Sydney and Melbourne Dates
- Former New York Dolls Guitarist Steve Conte Releases New Single and Video.
- Orlando Pop-Punk Band Virginity Release Album ‘Popmortem’
- Aussie Punks Blussh To Play Free All-Ages Halloween Festival.
- Pennywise Frontman Jim Lindberg Announces Solo Album
- Wolf & Chain Have A ‘Taste For Poison’
- U.S. Pop-Punk Band Borderline Native Unleashes New Video
- The Offspring’s Lastest Video Addresses America’s Addiction Crisis
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!