Emo rock artist MattstaGraham has shared the final single and title track from his forthcoming debut album, Prescribe Whatever.
MatstaGraham has spoken out about his own personal struggles that led to him penning his latest single. “The first time I took drugs, it felt like all of the internal suffering I had ever felt was suddenly okay. It was like a knot that I couldn’t untie, my entire life was finally undone. Of course, I wanted to feel that way forever. Wouldn’t you?”
“The problem with chasing that feeling is that in order to feel that way, you have to take more every time to make it work again,” he continues. “Then when what you were taking doesn’t work, you have to find new drugs. In my personal experience with addiction, there comes a point in your desperation that you will take whatever is handed to you. You want anything to kill the pain. You will either wake yourself up from this mentality or wind up killing yourself. Prescribe Whatever is the song’s name, and it is about when the desperation becomes so great that you no longer fear death.”
The Tiktok artist was first discovered by I Surrender Records. His original track Gotta Be Productive, has racked up over 526k streams on Spotify. This sits alongside parodies of Dashboard Confessional, Taking Back Sunday, My Chemical Romance, blink-182. Featuring tongue-in-cheek lyrics and an intuitive knack for knowing just what you’re thinking, MattstaGraham is ready to shake things up and get you out of the funk that’s been following you around since early 2020.
Prescribe Whatever is set to be released on 29th April via I Surrender Records.
Pre-save / pre-order the album HERE.
Follow MattstaGraham for more…
For more punk news, check out these stories.
- Alexx Bean Shares Heartfelt New Single
- Chicago Punks Counterpunch Release ‘Rewire’ The Title Track Off Upcoming Album
- Aussie Pop-Punk Band Waxflower Drop New Music Video
- DIY punk festival Wonk Fest returns for 2022
- Witch Fever return with new single ‘Blessed Be Thy’
- Punk: Rage & Revolution – exploring the late ’70s Leicester Punk scene
- Mean Jeans hit up the bog for a new EP release
- Incisions Release Incendiary New Track Gasoline
- Chris Bailey, Lead Singer of The Saints And ‘Father of Aussie punk’, Dies.
- Sleater-Kinney Announce’ Dig Me Out’ 25th Anniversary Covers Album Featuring The Linda Lindas, St. Vincent, Courtney Barnett and More
- Long-Running UK Punk Band SNUFF Returns with New Album on April 22
- Lydon is continuing his rage against the Disney machine, labelling their upcoming Sex Pistols drama series ‘Pistol’ “a fairytale”.
- Square Tugs get ‘Fat, Drunk, Stupid’ on new single
- The Clash Announce The Release of 40th-Anniversary Edition of Combat Rock
- Watch the trailer for punk documentary ‘Wake Up Punk’ featuring Vivienne WestwoodArdbeg Distillery Releases’ Ardcore’, a Limited Edition’ Punk’ Whisky
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!