‘The snappily titled ‘Crepuscolo Dorato Della Bruschetta Borsetta Calzetta Cacchetta Trombetta Lambretta Giallo Ossido, Ooooooh Così Magnifico!’ contains10 song in the classic infectious Snuff style of aggressive, harmonised, melodic Motown punk!
Snuff – a folk band for the ages. A punk band for the Millennium. Making music for music’s sake. Wholly independent and self-sustaining.The punk/mod men of Harrow in a direct timeline from the sharply dressed hoochie-coochie blues and soul gentlemen of Chicago and Detroit.
Duncan Redmonds is a storyteller and observer following on from the British folk tradition of Richard Thompson, and Martin Carthy set to a punk Motown beat that is revered in certain circles but misunderstood in polite society. Raucous songs of modern folk tales.
Each story unfolds independently as you listen to their punk soul blues on the new album, such as in Green Glass Chippings and the cover of Curtis Mayfield’s Hard Times. Over two years in the making, the band started work on new material, taking new song ideas back to the format of a three-piece lineup – and then bringing the organ and trombone into the mix much later once the songs were up and running.
The lockdowns of 2020 held up some rehearsals, but the ideas would keep coming, and the songs kept developing. Sometimes even down at the park where Snuff entertained the local dog walkers.
The crowd’s reaction to the new stuff was superb! Finally un-caged in 2021 and fully able to rehearse at their local venue, The Trinity in Harrow, whilst it was still closed for gigs, Snuff was back on track again. Fast, angry and loud, ready to visit Perry Vale Studios with Pat Collier (The Vibrators), who manned the record buttons.
Huzzah, huzzah and thrice huzzah!! Snuff are alive, well and in tip-top form!! Crepuscolo Dorato Della Bruschetta Borsetta Calzetta Cacchetta Trombetta Lambretta Giallo Ossido, Ooooooh Così Magnifico! (short: Crepuscolo Dorato) will be released on April 22, 2022 via SBÄM Records (worldwide)
Follow Snuff On Their Socials
For More Great Stories, Check These Out…
- Ardbeg Distillery Releases ‘Ardcore’, a Limited Edition ‘Punk’ Whisky
- Suzi Moon flaunts killer instinct on new single ‘Animal’
- Pop-Punk band Joyce Manor has ‘Gotta Let It Go.’
- Festival Review: Halloween Hysteria III (Finally), Brisbane Australia, 2/4/22
- Pistols TV Drama Trailer Debuts
- Punk legend Jordan – aka Pamela Rooke – has died
- John Lydon does not ‘endorse or support’ new Sex Pistols compilation
- The Losers Club Broadcast Latest Single, ‘Radio Faces.’
- Petrol Girls Announce New Album ‘Baby’
- Captives ‘Return To Mars’ for New Album
- Sweden’s Omni Of Halos Think ‘You Suck’
- Pennywise are Taking the Tour Down Under
- There Are ‘No Rules’ as Far as The Venomous Pinks Are Concerned.
- Brazilian pop-punk quartet Backdrop Falls take it close to the edge
- SUM 41 Give Us A Taste Of Heaven And Hell
- EP REVIEW: Columbus – Driving In The Dark
- UltraBomb aim for the heavens with second single
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!