The London-based band announce their new mini-album and unlease their new toon ‘Flowers At Your Door’
Desperate Measures, the punk and rock four-piece will release their brand-new mini-album ‘Rinsed’ on Easy Action Records on September 3rd. Containing six tracks of hard-hitting punk with a big helping of rock n’ roll and available on 10″vinyl, CD and download, these recordings feature the new line-up of founder Eugene Butcher, former Glitterati and current Rich Ragany and The Digressions guitarist Gaff, Ricky McGuire (U.K SUBS, The Men They Couldn’t Hang), and former K-Line/Done Lying Down drummer James Sherry.
Following the release of ‘The Rich-Tual’, the stomping first single from the ‘Rinsed’ sessions released earlier this year comes the new single ‘Flowers At Your Door’. Channelling the dark energy of Iggy Pop, Lords Of The New Church and The Doors, ‘Flowers At Your Door’ is a brooding rocker that finds Desperate Measures shifting in new directions with their new line-up with excellent results and is available via Spotify, iTunes and Bandcamp today.
“Flowers was written after being stuck in pretty much self-isolation for 3 months on last years first lockdown as a relationship went down the pan,” explains frontman Eugene Butcher. “It was a lonely time for a lot of people and this song was born out of all that.”
The video was directed, edited and shot by Craig Temple of Racketeer Pictures and perfectly captures the mood of the song.
Desperate Measures play at London’s iconic Hope and Anchor on July 30th (Album launch with Vibrators‘ Knox and Backstreet Abortions) before heading off on a 13 date U.K tour with the Professionals (Paul Cook-Sex Pistols) in October.
Desperate Measures with The Professionals dates as follows:
- Wednesday, October 13 – The Forum, TUNBRIDGE WELLS
- Thursday, October 14 – 02 Academy, OXFORD
- Friday, October 15 – Sin City, SWANSEA
- Saturday, October 16 – Factory, MANCHESTER
- Monday, October 18 – King Tuts, GLASGOWT
- Tuesday, October 19 – The Cluny, NEWCASTLE
- Wednesday, October 20 – Bodega, NOTTINGHAM
- Thursday, October 21 – Castle and Falcon, BIRMINGHAM
- Friday, October 22 – EBGB’s, LIVERPOOL
- Sunday, October 24 – The Garage, LONDON
- Monday, October 25 – EventThe Exchange, BRISTOL
- Tuesday, October 26 – Brudenell Social Club, LEEDS
- Wednesday, October 27 – Craufurd Arms, MILTON KEYNES
- Thursday, October 28 – Live Rooms, CHESTER
Desperate Measures are:
- Eugene Butcher – vocals
- Gaff – guitar
- James Sherry – drums
- Ricky McGuire – bass
Follow Desperate Measures Socials
For more news check out these stories…
- Melbourne Punks Amyl And The Sniffers announced for Wave Rock Weekender lineup
- MxPx Are Back With New Music
- Last-Minute Change For Brighton ‘Garageland’ Punk Club Night
- Sex Pistols’ John Lydon Accused of Giving False Evidence
- Bob Mould Books 2022 UK and Ireland Live Tour Dates
- Bite Me Bambi Give Go-Go’s Classic The Ska Treatment
- NO NO NO NO NO Release Epic Rendition Of A Good Charlotte Classic.
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!