Lydon takes to his socials again to blast his former bandmates and he’s very ‘pist’ off.
On his Public Image Limited socials, John Lydon’s team has accused Disney of stealing his former band’s past, saying, “We were originally led to believe “Pistol” was a Steve Jones story, not a Sex Pistols story. Going by the trailer it doesn’t seem to be the case.
John’s “likeness” is clearly being used to sell this series, a series he was not involved in and was put together behind his back. Putting words in John’s mouth and rewriting history. A middle-class fantasy.
“Disney have stolen the past and created a fairytale, which bears little resemblance to the truth.
“It would be funny if it wasn’t tragic”.
The six-part Sex Pistols TV series, Pistol, released its first official trailer. last week and is said to be based on guitarist Steve Jones’ autobiography, Lonely Boy, and stars Anson Boon as John Lydon.
Trainspotting director Danny Boyle is responsible for the project, which charts the Pistols’ formation and rise to national infamy in the late 1970s.
The series is produced by FX and distributed by Hulu, It’s set to land on Hulu on 31st May.
It’s widely known that Lydon is not keen on the project. Last year he tried to prevent Sex Pistols songs from being used in the show. The band took him to court and licensing rights were granted.
Need some more punk in your life?
- Ardbeg Distillery Releases ‘Ardcore’, a Limited Edition ‘Punk’ Whisky
- Suzi Moon flaunts killer instinct on new single ‘Animal’
- Pop-Punk band Joyce Manor has ‘Gotta Let It Go.’
- Festival Review: Halloween Hysteria III (Finally), Brisbane Australia, 2/4/22
- Pistols TV Drama Trailer Debuts
- Punk legend Jordan – aka Pamela Rooke – has died
- John Lydon does not ‘endorse or support’ new Sex Pistols compilation
- The Losers Club Broadcast Latest Single, ‘Radio Faces.’
- Petrol Girls Announce New Album ‘Baby’
- Captives ‘Return To Mars’ for New Album
- Sweden’s Omni Of Halos Think ‘You Suck’
- Pennywise are Taking the Tour Down Under
- There Are ‘No Rules’ as Far as The Venomous Pinks Are Concerned.
- Brazilian pop-punk quartet Backdrop Falls take it close to the edge
- SUM 41 Give Us A Taste Of Heaven And Hell
- EP REVIEW: Columbus – Driving In The Dark
- UltraBomb aim for the heavens with second single
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!